Venganism seems to be growing in popularity lately. I don't personally follow a vegan diet, but I know at least three people who do, and the lifestyle is interesting to me. In order to make vegan coconut flour pancakes, I worked with my sister, who is a vegan. I'll be honest, they were a bit tricky to figure out at first. We followed a recipe that I found online, but tweaked it a bit and doubled the recipe to make #maximumpancakes because we were very hungry. Here is what we came up with. 

Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes

• 2/3 cup coconut powder
  • 2/3 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup blended oats
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • Spices like cinnamon
  • Sweetener
milk
Helaina Cozza

Mix together the dry ingredients. Include as much cinnamon and other spices as you'd like.

coffee, chocolate, cream, tea
    Helaina Cozza

Add in the wet ingredients.

coffee, tea
    Helaina Cozza

Mix thoroughly.

cereal
    Helaina Cozza

Fry the pancakes for a few minutes on a non-stick pan, using a couple of small dollops of batter at a time.

chocolate
    Helaina Cozza

When the pancakes look to be browning, flip and do the same on the other side. Top with your sweetener of choice, and enjoy!

toast, french toast, pancake
    Helaina Cozza

Tere are some things to keep in mind that are better to know before making these vegan coconut flour pancakes. The time on this may look like a lot, but that's due to the serving size we went decided on, so we had to repeat the frying a few times. Feel free to adjust the serving size to your liking by cutting the recipe in half, or even doubling the measurements. If you choose to make a smaller serving, the pancakes will be ready much more quickly.

Due to some of the ingredients used, the consistency of the pancakes will most likely be mushy. This is to be expected. We were a bit concerned at first, but did our own research and found that this was probably going to be the outcome.

The mixture smelled amazing, but despite the yummy apple cinnamon scent, the pancakes actually become quite flavorless. They are good, but the taste is not strong, despite the loads of cinnamon we added. It's a good idea to add a ton of external toppings and spices if the lack of flavor is a problem. We poured on maple syrup, but any toppings of your choice are sure to taste delicious.