I am a huge fan of veggie burgers, but sometimes they can be pretty bland. I decided to make this recipe especially for vegans who want that delicious bite that comes from meat burgers. While this vegan burger recipe might not look like beef, it's super hardy and can be served so many different ways. 

These moist burgers are packed with nutrients and flavor, which is so important for any vegan. With a blender or food processor, this recipe is a super quick and easy dinner that everyone will love. 

Vegan Burgers

• 15 oz can black beans - rinsed
  • 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 cups cooked plain quinoa
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon basil leaves
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
tomato, avocado
Allison Curley

Chop up the sun dried tomatoes and add them, the quinoa, and the water to a large saucepan and cook for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.

wheat, vegetable, pepper, millet, cereal, quinoa, couscous
    Allison Curley

In a blender or food processor, add the finished quinoa mixture along with the spices, oil, and ketchup. Also add 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 1 1/2 cups of the black beans. Blend until thick and smooth.

butter, peanut butter, peanut
    Allison Curley

Add the remaining black beans and stir into the mixture. Then, begin to form the patties and dip each burger in the remaining bread crumbs until coated fully. Plop them on a skillet at high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.

Allison Curley

Spread the burgers out on the skillet and cook each side for about 30 seconds until slightly browned. Serve as desired.

chocolate
    Allison Curley

I absolutely love these burgers because they have only a hint of spice along with tons of other flavors. The sun-dried tomatoes and the ketchup are what really help keep them moist and flavorful. I used black beans and quinoa as the base, and bread crumbs as the crunchy outside that doubles as a cover.

My biggest tip when making this vegan burger recipe is to use the bread crumbs because they will hold the entire burger together. This makes it so much easier to form the patties. I also do not recommend flattening them out too much. If they're plumper, they'll save better. 

wheat, bread
Allison Curley

Another huge pro of this recipe is that these vegan burgers are so easy to save. I individually wrapped them in plastic wrap and then stuck them in a freezer bag. This way, with six burgers, I can eat one or two and save the rest for another night when I'm too busy to make dinner. They'll be fresh and delicious heated up and served with some pasta or a huge salad. 

These burgers are delicious, and they give vegans the dinnertime nutrients and protein they need. It's really simple, and the burgers themselves don't need to cook for very long at all. The flavor, the texture, and the process makes for the ultimate vegan burger recipe.