It’s that time of year again. The time of year when everyone rushes to buy cheap chocolates and flowers for the person they have their eye on. Although, if you’re really looking to impress that special someone in your life, a box of chocolate just isn’t going to cut it. However, these five amazing home-made treats are sure to show your crush just how romantic you are.

Valentine's Day Cookies

sweet, candy, cake, chocolate, gingerbread, cookie
Sidney Uttam

Nothing says 'I love you' more than sugar cookies. This recipe can be done by both the novice and expert baker as they’re super simple to make, and can be personalized to really impress your Valentine. While these cookies can be given to your special someone already prepared, it could be even cuter if the two of you made them together. Either way, this treat is certain to be both adorable and delicious.

Mason Jar Cupid's Float

gelatin, milk, cream, sweet
Maria Serghiou

For those who think sugar cookies are just too basic, this might be the recipe for you. Not only is this drink perfectly pink, it’s also sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Everyone you know will be asking how you made this festive treat! This delicious and adorable float is going to get those heart eyes from your bae the moment they taste it.

Dessert Crepes 

chocolate, strawberry, crepe, sweet, cream
Catherine Wong

Everyone loves crepes. They’re a super simple and inexpensive treat for Valentine’s Day, and there’s no better way to get the romance going than a light, fluffy crepe filled with your favourite goodies. Crepes can be a bit difficult to make, but you’re definitely going to impress your crush when you make this dessert.

Red Velvet Cookie Dough

red velvet cake, beet, candy, cream, chocolate, sweet
Lindsay DeMunno

Raw cookie dough is everyone’s guilty pleasure. This recipe is egg-free so you can snack on it raw without a worry. This recipe takes almost no time and is sure to satisfy all your cookie cravings. What’s a better way to spend Valentine’s Day than watching some Netflix with your crush and sharing a bowl of red velvet cookie dough?

Vegan Avocado Brownies

cake, brownie, cookie, chocolate
Reed Erickson

For your crush with dietary restrictions, these brownies make an amazing Valentine’s treat. Eating vegan can limit what kinds of desserts you can have, but this healthy recipe is certain to amaze. Your Valentine will be shocked when you ace this delicious treat on your special day.