It's less than a month until Valentine's Day and this crepe recipe is sure to win your heart. In this recipe, I feature popular fillings that you can't go wrong with—such as Nutella, strawberries, whipped cream, and brownies. Yum. Choose whatever your heart desires—I 10/10 recommend spreading melted Nutella on a warm crepe (if you don't have nut allergies). The ingredients are cheap and simple. You probably already have every ingredient for the crepe batter without even knowing it.

Dessert Crepes

• 80 grams all-purpose flour
  • 175ml milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
  • Oil
  • 1 pinch salt
  • brownies I used pre-made brownies I purchased but you can make your own
  • strawberries
  • whipped cream
  • Nutella
  • icing sugar to garnish

Weigh the flour and transfer it to another bowl or blender. Use a sift to sift the flour while pouring it into the bowl or blender.

cream, flour, milk
    Photo by Catherine Wong

Create a well and pour in the milk.

egg, water
    Photo by Catherine Wong

Add the sugar and a pinch of salt.

cream, milk, egg

Whisk the eggs in another bowl, then gently add it to the flour and milk.

egg, yogurt, tapioca, cream, dairy product, flour, milk

Measure in the melted butter or oil.
    #SpoonTip: Melt the butter quickly in the microwave

milk, espresso, tea, coffee

Use an electric whisk to mix the batter ingredients together, or turn on the blender (if you're using a blender). Mix/blend until the batter is smooth. Unlike pancakes, it's important that you don't create a thin, lumpy crepe.
    #SpoonTip: Set for at least an hour, or overnight in the fridge for best results.

milk, espresso, coffee, egg

Using medium, or below medium heat, turn on the stove and heat oil in the pan.

cake, pizza

Using a ladle, spoon the batter into the pan. You want a fairly large crepe with a diameter of around 15-20cm.

dairy product, pudding, cream, milk

When the crepe has completely solidified on top, gently flip the crepe to the other side.
    #SpoonTip: After the edges have set, you can wiggle the pan or gently use your spatula to let air under the crepe so that it cooks evenly and doesn't rise in the middle.

sweet, dairy product, cream, milk

Take the pan off the heat source and gently spread some Nutella onto the crepe. Then remove the crepe from the pan.

sweet, milk, cake, candy, cream, chocolate

Add toppings to your crepe, fold and garnish. Then continue to make crepes until you're out of batter. This batch should make about 6 crepes.

strawberry, cake, chocolate

Fold the crepes. I like to roll them, but you can also fold them into triangles, depending on how you place your toppings.

chocolate, crepe, sweet, cream
Though I thought I could at least ace one crepe in my first batch of batter, I wasn't happy with the color and thickness of the crepes. Practice is the key to making the perfect crepe. I encourage you to be adventurous with different fillings.