I won't say I'm trying to be healthy now... but I'm trying to be healthy now. It's tough to admit, but eating healthier truly makes you feel better. Not to mention, I NEED energy. Being in college can be exhausting, so a boost of energy throughout the day is always helpful. I stray away from caffeine for many reasons, but I like to find alternative ways to stay energized when classes (or life) get tough—which leads me to the exciting recipe of toast. Come on, you can be a little more excited than that. Toast is fantastic. Okay, I'm kidding. Toast is pretty simple, but these recipes are total game changers. 

1. Bruschetta

toast, tomato, baguette, bread, bruschetta
Stephanie Zajac

A classic. I needed to have at least one safe recipe for all the traditionalists out there. We've all had bruschetta from time to time, but it's a different ball game when your bruschetta becomes the meal instead of the side. A colorful mixture of bell peppers, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and Parmesan makes this one a crowd-pleaser (who else is humming "Black Beatles" right now?).

pepper, parsley, toast, basil, cheese, bruschetta, bread, vegetable, tomato
Stephanie Zajac

2. Veggie Toast

radish, meat, lettuce, salad, tomato, toast, sandwich, cheese, vegetable, bread
Stephanie Zajac

I was pretty reluctant to try this one out, but all the fun toast articles I found had at least one type of vegetable toast. We gotta please the vegetarians somehow, right? I decided to have guacamole as a base and layer the other veggies on top. The guac is simple—avocado, salt, pepper, garlic salt and a touch of Himalayan salt. For the veggies, I decided to use arugula, radishes, tomatoes and kale sprouts.

tomato, salad, avocado
Stephanie Zajac

#SpoonTip: Instead of alfalfa sprouts for your sandwiches (or your toast), use kale sprouts; they're packed with vitamin A.

3. Nutella and Raspberries

pastry, cream, pie, berry, cheesecake, cake, tart, raspberry, chocolate
Stephanie Zajac

We've made it to the best part—the dessert toast. Personally though, I think this toast would make for a great breakfast, too. The Nutella adds a lot of flavor, but the fresh mint and raspberries keep it fresh. I added white chocolate drizzle on top for a cool effect, but I ended up really enjoying the combination of flavors. There are a lot of other fun Nutella combos out there, so don't hesitate to try out different pairings for your toast.

4. Pear-Blackberry Brie

butter, pie, cream
Stephanie Zajac

This recipe calls for all appetizer enthusiasts. You are destined to "wow" your guests with this dish. Brie is traditionally served in many appetizers, but this one is pretty special. The pear is sweet enough to balance the tart blackberries in a subtle, yet savory way. I recommend drizzling honey on top for an added level of sweetness. If you're not a fan of blackberries, don't worry. Other berries pair well with brie. We're looking at you, raspberries.

cream, cheese
Stephanie Zajac

#SpoonTip: Create a blackberry puree on the side to please all berry lovers.

Life doesn't give you unlimited amounts of time, money or energy. So sometimes, it's toast for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. It doesn't always have to be a bad thing, though. In fact, after these recipes, I may just cut back on my grocery expenses and have toast every day. Just kidding, but you get the point. Toast rocks.