Calling all Chocoholics 

If you're like me, after dinner (or any meal really), my belly always has room for something warm and chocolatey, and luckily for us chocoholics, the ultimate chocolate holiday is approaching fast. That's right; January has finally ended, and Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us again. Whether you're celebrating the love with friends or already have reservations for a special date night, these chocolate mocha lava cakes are the best way to end your night. Seriously, you will not regret these little cakes no matter how full you are. Add in some raspberry drizzle and a dollop of vanilla ice-cream, and your sweet-craving taste buds will be thanking you for a while. 

The heavenly combination of chocolate and coffee in these lava cakes is one of the richest compliments and has always been a favorite of mine. The sharpness of the coffee cuts the creamy sweetness of the chocolate to create the perfect relationship. So kick off your shoes, grab a bottle of wine, and cozy up on the couch with your date(s) to indulge in these Chocolate Mocha Lava Cakes this Valentine's Day.

Chocolate Mocha Lava Cakes

• 8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips or chopped
  • 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup vanilla
  • 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Genevieve Feister

Preheat oven to 400°F, and spray 6 wells of a muffin tin with baking spray. Spray the surrounding tops as well, since the cake can run over.

Melt the chocolate, and set aside. Be sure to keep an eye on the chocolate and stir often as it easily burns.

Genevieve Feister

Beat the butter and sugar on medium together for about 3 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add in 1 egg at a time, fully mixing each egg before adding in the next.

Genevieve Feister

Add the vanilla and instant coffee until just combined.

Genevieve Feister

Switch the mixer setting to low, and slowly add the flour and salt until just combined. Be sure to not over mix.

Genevieve Feister

Add the melted chocolate, and mix on low until combined.

Genevieve Feister

Fill the tins almost to the top, leaving about 1/4 inches of space. Bake for 9-10 minutes. The tops should look done and not runny, but they should still jiggle slightly.

Genevieve Feister

This step is optional. For a raspberry sauce you'll need:

- 4 tablespoon all-natural raspberry preserves
    - Heaping 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
    - 3-5 drops of lemon juice
    - 1/2-1 tablespoon of water depending on consistency desired.

Instructions:
    Heat up all the ingredients on the stove and stir until the fresh raspberries are combined and broken down. Keep sauce on low heat to keep warm until ready to serve.

Genevieve Feister

Remove the cakes from the oven, and let them sit in the pan for 10 minutes. This step is crucial if you want your lava cakes to hold together when you invert them.

Genevieve Feister

After 10 minutes, invert the cakes onto a platter. Serve warm with the raspberry drizzle or other toppings.

Genevieve Feister

Honestly, you can't go wrong with these ooey gooey little treats. I hope you all enjoy these chocolate mocha lava cakes as much as I have, and share them with your loved ones this Valentine's Day. Or keep them all for yourselves; I wouldn't blame you.