It is that time of year again. Cheesy stuffed animals and tacky arrangements of roses surround you in the checkout isle. Whether you are single or taken, Valentine’s Day can be annoying. However, I believe Valentine’s day is more than just a day for happy couples. February 14th should be a day to celebrate love. It should be a day to give your parents an extra hug, a day to remember how epic your friends are, a day to love yourself.

As corny as this may sound, I truly believe Valentine’s Day should be more about love in general. If you aren’t in a relationship or want to veto Valentine’s Day, have a party! Celebrate with your friends and appreciate each other with these pretty  Valentine’s themed drinks.

1. Sparkling Pomegranate Lime Margarita

valentine's day

Photo by Marissa Arnett

2 cups pomegranate soda
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
2 ½ cups tequila
Limes to garnish
Sugar or Salt on the rims

Instructions:

In a large pitcher, empty the limeade concentrate. Mix in 2 ½ cans of cold water. Add pomegranate soda, tequila, lime wedges, and ice. Mix and chill for 2 hours. Sugar or salt glass rims and drink the night away. Want to really impress your guests? Make some guacamole.

2. Cupid’s Float

valentine's day

Photo by Marissa Arnett

1 liter cherry 7-Up
1 pint vanilla ice cream
Pack of red licorice

Instructions:

Add 1 scoop of ice cream to glass. Fill with cherry 7-Up. Cut off both ends of licorice and use as straw. Enjoy!

3. The Dirty Shirley

valentine's day

Photo by Marissa Arnett

1 fifth vodka
1 liter Sprite
Bottle of Grenadine syrup
Cherries and limes as garnish

Instructions:

Everyone’s favorite childhood drink just got even better. Pour 1 shot of vodka over ice. Top off with sprite and add desired amount of grenadine syrup. Garnish with cherries and limes.

4. Strawberry Bellini

valentine's day

Photo by Marissa Arnett

Champagne
Strawberry Puree
Fresh Strawberries

Instructions:

This is the Mimosa’s sexy cousin. Her name is Strawberry Bellini. Fill 3 quarters of a glass with chilled champagne, top off with strawberry puree and add a fresh strawberry as a garnish. Goes great with brunch. Cheers!

5. Red Jello-O Shots

valentine's day

Photo by Marissa Arnett

1 6-oz pack Jell-O (strawberry, cherry, raspberry and fruit punch will all work)
3 cups water
1 cup favorite alcohol (I use vodka)

Instructions:

Proportion water and alcohol to make 2 cups. Combine and place in refrigerator until cold. Bring exactly 1 cup of water to boil and pour in Jell-O powder until dissolved completely. Stir in the chilled alcohol and water mixture. Spray the inside of individual cups with cooking spray so the Jell-O will easily slide out when taking the shot. Fill each cup with mixture and let chill overnight or 2-4 hours.

Like it? We Figured. Why don’t you Pin it?

valentine's day

5 3-ingredient drinks perfect for a Lady’s Night.