Strawberries reach peak season from April to June, but you can find them in grocery stores year-round. The berries are rich with vitamin c and fiber, and in addition to their nutritional benefits, they are an excellent fruit to bake with.

Zoe Malin

Strawberry piña colada pops and strawberry tiramisu are summertime treats, however. What should you make if you want to bake with the berries on a cold winter night? This warm strawberry crumble does just the trick.

Gluten Free Strawberry Crumble

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 cup gluten free flour plus 2 tbsp.
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar plus 2 tbsp
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • A dash salt
  • 2 lbs. strawberries
  • 2 tbsp. corn starch
Zoe Malin

Preheat the oven to 350°.

Zoe Malin

Start by making the crumble topping. Add 1 cup of gluten free flour to a large bowl with the gluten free oats, brown sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar and cinnamon. Mix together.

Zoe Malin

Next, warm the butter in a microwave for 20 seconds, just until it is soft. Add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients.

Zoe Malin

Using your hands, work the butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should have the texture of cookie dough and you should be able to form "crumbs" by picking up little bits of the mixture that stick together. Set the crumb topping aside.

Zoe Malin

Now prepare the strawberries. First, wash and dry 2 lbs. of strawberries.

Zoe Malin

Next, cut the green stems off of the strawberries and slice them into quarters. Place the strawberries in a small bowl.

Zoe Malin

Add 2 tbsp. of sugar, 2 tbsp. of cornstarch and 2 tbsp. of gluten free flour to the bowl with the strawberries. Mix.

Zoe Malin

Prepare the 8x8 dish you will be baking your crumble in by brushing the sides and bottom of it with butter. Then, pour the sliced strawberries into the dish. Distribute them evenly across the dish.

Zoe Malin

Finally, place the crumb mixture on top of the strawberries in the dish. Do so by picking up small bits of the mixture that stick together and place them on top of the strawberries. Any mixture that does not stick together to form crumbs will be left over in the bottom of the bowl. Sprinkle this part of mixture over the strawberries and crumbs, too.

Zoe Malin

Place the dish in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crumbs are a rich brown color. When the strawberry crumble is finished baking, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.

Zoe Malin

To serve, scoop the warm strawberry crumble out of the dish using a large spoon.

Zoe Malin

OPTIONAL: Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Eat up before it's all gone!

Zoe Malin

This dish is delicious and incredibly easy to whip together. You can pair it with ice cream, homemade whipped cream, frozen yogurt, or even vanilla pudding. Since it requires so few utensils and ingredients, once you find a kitchen to bake in, you can make this strawberry crumble on campus in no time. But make sure you gather a bunch of friends to dig in right when it comes out of the oven... it’s irresistible when served piping hot!