To be quite honest, I'm definitely a waffle type of girl. Waffles over pancakes or french toast, any day. Here's the thing, though: when I have a plate of chocolate strawberry cheesecake stuffed french toast in front of me.... that's another story.

This recipe is perfect for the holiday season (for breakfast or dessert), and is ooey-gooey, rich, and decadent. I mean, cheesecake is easily one of my favorite foods, so a cream cheese-stuffed french toast topped with berries, chocolate spread, whipped topping, and powdered sugar is heaven on earth.

And honestly, you can't really go wrong with this recipe either. You can use your favorite type of bread for this recipe: white, wheat, ciabatta, or even cinnamon raisin. The strawberries can easily be switched up for any type of fruit, and I'm sure this would be delicious with almond, peanut, or cashew butter, a caramel sauce, or even cookie butter

Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast

• 6 slices white or whole wheat bread
  • 1 cup cream cheese
  • 1 cup thawed frozen strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
  • Chocolate spread such as Nutella or chocolate peanut butter
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Coconut oil spray for greasing
  • Fresh strawberries for garnish
  • Maple syrup
  • Whipped topping
  • Powdered sugar
Arianna Kotlier

Gather all your ingredients.

Arianna Kotlier

In a bowl, whisk non-dairy milk, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, agave, flour, and ground flax until smooth. Set aside and let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.

Arianna Kotlier

Roughly chop thawed strawberries and place in a separate bowl.

Arianna Kotlier

Mix together thawed strawberries, cream cheese, and sugar until combined. Set aside.

Arianna Kotlier

Spread the strawberry cream cheese mixture onto one slice of bread, all the way to the edges. Spread your desired chocolate spread onto the other slice of bread, all the way to the edges.

Arianna Kotlier

Sandwich the two slices of bread together and press down firmly around the edges.

Arianna Kotlier

After your batter has thickened, dip one side of the sandwich into the batter for about 15 seconds on each side.

Arianna Kotlier

Cook the sandwich over medium heat in a pan or griddle greased with coconut oil, for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Arianna Kotlier

Serve your stuffed french toast warm and layer the pieces with fresh strawberries. Top with whipped topping of your choice, more fresh strawberries, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.

Arianna Kotlier

For all the french toast skeptics out there, are you convinced yet? I definitely am. This chocolate strawberry cheesecake stuffed french toast definitely exceeded my expectations, and dare I say a scoop of vanilla ice cream would make it even better? This decadent recipe is perfect for entertaining friends and family any time of the year, but especially during the holidays.