In honor of fall, we braved the crowds at our local Trader Joe's to find you the perfect pumpkin spice dessert. With flavors inspired by the classic pumpkin spice latte, these pumpkin spice cinnamon roll waffles take it to the next level with a spiced apple compote, creamy vanilla ice cream, and a killer pumpkin glaze.

It might sound intimidating to pull off this perfect stack of fall-inspired waffles, but with only six steps and 10 simple ingredients, anyone can do it. And the best thing is, this totally counts as breakfast too—we've tested it. 

Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Apple Compote

• Trader Joe's refrigerated Pumpkin Rolls
  • Soy Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 3 apples
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
  • 2 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 lemon squeezed
  • Cinnamon for garnish
  • Coconut oil spray
Shaun Rizzolo

Gather your ingredients.

Shaun Rizzolo

Peel, core, and cube 3 small apples. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.

Shaun Rizzolo

Plug in waffle iron and once hot, spray with coconut oil.

To your saucepan, add Earth Balance vegan butter, cubed apples, pumpkin pie spice, agave, and lemon juice. Sauté apples until tender.

Shaun Rizzolo

While the apples cook down, place cinnamon rolls on the hot waffle iron one at a time until golden brown.

Shaun Rizzolo

Once you have waffled all 5 cinnamon rolls, assemble on a plate with the provided pumpkin spice glaze, apple compote, vanilla ice cream, and chopped walnuts. Garnish with cinnamon if desired.

Shaun Rizzolo

With only ten ingredients and six easy-to-follow steps, it couldn't be easier to kickstart your picture-perfect fall with these warm and comforting cinnamon roll waffles. It only makes it easier that most of the ingredients (cinnamon rolls and ice cream included) can be purchased at your local Trader Joe's. And if you don't have a waffle maker, don't despair— simply bake these cinnamon rolls in the oven and top with the glaze, ice cream, apple compote, and walnuts and you're all set. 

Loaded with pumpkin spice and everything nice, stay in on a chilly fall evening to indulge in this incidentally vegan treat. Yup, you heard that right.