Meet Cookie Butter, Trader Joe’s ingenious concoction, which they have to limit to two jars per shopper because of its popularity. Also known as Speculoos Cream, named after the spiced shortcrust biscuit from Belgium which gives it the gingerbread flavor with a caramel accent, Cookie Butter is basically a creamified cookie in a jar. And here’s why it’s going to be your new guilty pleasure.

Cookie Butter

Photo courtesy of www.college.biggirlssmallkitchen.com

1. It’s a spreadable, spoonable, lickable cookie. Gone are the days where you end up with crumbs all over your self after treating yourself to cookies. There are multiple ways to savor this delicacy. You can dunk a spoon in and eat the Cookie Butter by itself, or spread it on toast, apple, or anything else you so desire.

2. It’s crunchy! The Crunchy Cookie Butter is the perfect hybrid between a spread and a cookie; there are actual chunks of cookies within the spread. This way, you get the flavor and the texture of a regular cookie.

Cookie Butter

Photo courtesy of thetummytrain.com

3. The variety in flavors! So far, Trader Joe’s has four different flavors of Cookie Butter; the original Specula Cookie Butter, Crunchy Cookie Butter, Cookie and Cocoa Swirl Cookie Butter, and the recently released Cookies and Creme Cookie Butter. So if you get sick of one flavor, which will be an enormous feat, you always have three other tastes waiting for you.

Cookie Butter

Photo by Annie Pinto

4. It’s actually nutritious, or at least healthier than Nutella, anyway. A tablespoon of Cookie Butter contains 10 fewer calories and half the sugar compared to that of Nutella. Yes, it’s a minute difference, but hey, when you’re eating them on a daily basis, the calories stack up. Then the 10 calories will seem like a big difference.

Cookie Butter

Photo courtesy of shibuyasrepublic.com

5. Nut allergens, rejoice; Cookie Butter is nut-free! Many have suffered from the deprivation of Nutella in their life, simply because they couldn’t avoid their biological tragedy, nut allergy. But no more will the masses succumb to the power of molecular make up. Cookie Butter has the slight taste of peanut butter, but without the actual nuts as ingredients. Seriously, let’s give a round of applause to the brains behind this delicious miracle.

If this article hasn’t convinced you of Cookie Butter’s awesomeness (really, how many reasons do you need to indulge in this culinary miracle?), there’s a whole cult who’s eager to convince you. Oh, and some poets, too. If spread isn’t your thing, there’s also Cookie Butter Bites and Ice Cream awaiting your nearest Trader Joe’s.