Fall is without a doubt the best season. It's a transitional time that is all about good food and activities that celebrate the fall aesthetic. If you're like me, you found the time to ditch the books and go apple picking. While it's easy to simply snack on apples, foodies know that they have so much more potential! Here are 10 gluten-free recipes that will warm up your belly and your Instagram.

1. Pumpkin Spiced Apples

whipped cream, cream
Molly Stein

These pumpkin spiced apples are a simple and delicious way to enjoy two of the seasons' most sought after flavors. The fact that the recipe doesn't require a crust makes it an easy gluten free snack or dessert. 

2. Apple Galette

bread, sweet, pastry
Kristine Mahan

If you're in the mood to whip up something more complex, this gluten-free apple galette is worth the extra effort. The crust allows the apple to get nice and golden—which is delicious. The freeform pastry has a rustic look that your followers will drool over. 

3. Slow Cooker Apple Butter 

jam, bacon
Hailey Nelson

Apple butter is the perfect topping for gluten free muffins, crackers, toast and so much more. This sweet butter requires a lot of prep time, but it's worth the wait. It stays fresh for about two months, that is, if you can make it through the week without spreading it on everything. It's longevity makes it great to bring back to a campus dorm after a weekend at home. 

4. Chocolate Apple Pops

chocolate, candy, cake, sweet, goody, sprinkles, cake pop
Tara Stacy

While chocolate and apples are both no-brainers, the combo might not automatically come time mind. Chocolate apple pops are great to make with friends. With so many different toppings to choose from, those with dietary restrictions don't have to feel left out of the seasonal fun. 

5. Cinnamon-Sugar Apple Chips 

sweet, apple
Christine Pritula

These cinnamon-sugar apple chips are a great snack that you can easily bring to class or a study session. They have all the flavor of an apple pie in a yummy portable bite. My biggest warning is to pack heavy, because once you let a friend taste them, you'll be sharing your gluten-free snack with the whole campus.  

6. Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potato

vegetable, pork, beef, meat
Emily Hu

If you want to add a little seasonal cheer added to your meal, an apple stuffed sweet potato is the way to go. With just a hint of tang from the apple mixed with the crispiness of the bacon, you just made your sweet potato that much more delicious. If you don't consider yourself that great in the kitchen, this recipe will make you look like a pro. 

7. Apple Salsa

tomato, onion, corn, parsley, pepper, vegetable
Carl Parker Luthman

Lets be real— its been unnaturally hot (#globalwarming). I'm not one to turn on my oven or hunch over the stove in 80 degree weather. If your weather app isn't matching up with the calendar, this apple salsa is the perfect dish to quickly put together. If you like to eat right after you finish cooking, leaving your ingredients in the fridge over night will insure they're ready to go.

8. Apple-Citrus Quinoa Salad 

couscous, quinoa, groats, millet, corn, buckwheat, porridge, cereal, wheat
Christin Urso

Apples and quinoa may also seem like an odd pair, but together they form a filling meal. This apple-citrus quinoa salad is the perfect dinner turned left over lunch.

9. Cinnamon Apple and Peanut Butter Quinoa 

apple
Claire Waggoner

If you didn't know, breakfast quinoa is a thing— and it's very good. If you're looking to eat clean in the mornings, this cinnamon apple and peanut butter quinoa is the perfect sweet, still healthy breakfast.

10. Apple Brown Sugar Edamame

legume, vegetable, pea, beans
Shafer Ross

This final recipe requires a single apple and a lot of faith. I can co-sign on how good apple brown sugar edamame is. While it is best paired with an adventurist pallet, its still an easy way to bring sweet apples to your dinner plate. 

From sweet to savory recipes, apples are very versatile. Trying different recipes is a great way to make every fall season feel like a fresh dive into the holidays. If haven't made it out to the orchards yet, this guide to picking the right apple will help you get the best type for your taste!