Ask anyone, I love tea. I'm obsessed. I have a tea station set up in my bedroom and can be found snuggling up to a cup of tea whenever I'm sick. It's also pretty easy for me to infuse my foods with tea, so why not make my life easier and eat my tea instead of drink it? A simple, caffeinated jam made with tea would definitely help when I'm rushing in the morning. And no. I'm not talking about putting jam in my tea.

It's actually pretty easy to make jam infused with tea or just straight tea leaves in it. So, why should I limit myself to the herbal teas that everyone claims taste better in jams and marmalade? I've had caffeinated jam before. Actually, I've had caffeinated marmalade. But, it's not that much of a stretch.

And, one of my favorite teas is earl grey. A classic black tea that I've been drinking since I was little (I blame my dad for the fact that I'm a tea snob). One of the most well known flavors that goes with earl grey is lemon, which gives me a fruit to use as the base of my tea-infused jam.

Anyone who knows me is will also tell you I'm an overachiever and love taking my food to the next level. Obviously, a simple lemon tea jam isn't good enough when it comes to caffeinated jam. So, I've added in a flavor that goes well both with lemon and earl grey: lavender.

Lemon-Lavender Earl Grey Tea Jam

• Cook Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 20 mins

• 2-3 lemons
  • 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 2 bags Earl Grey tea
  • 1 tablespoon powdered pectin
  • 2 tablespoons dried lavender
cream, milk, pudding, coffee, chocolate, dairy product, sweet, mousse
Susanna Mostaghim

Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook one of the lemons for 10-15 seconds to soften.

egg, egg yolk, yolk, chicken, milk, flour
    Susanna Mostaghim

Remove cooked lemon with a slotted spoon and slice the lemon in half.

vegetable, sweet
    Susanna Mostaghim

Juice one half of your cooked lemon and combine with juice of the uncooked lemon. This should roughly equal 1/2 cup.

milk, cream, egg, sweet
    Susanna Mostaghim

Slice the stem end off of the other cooked lemon half and discard. Cut remaining fruit into segments, keeping the skin on. Grab and discard any large seeds.

salt, vegetable, sweet, fish
    Susanna Mostaghim

Using a small food processor, puree the segmented lemon, skin and all.

milk, dairy product, cream, butter, sweet
    Susanna Mostaghim

Combine processed lemon, lemon juice, lavender, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a bubble, stirring constantly.

cream, cheese
    Susanna Mostaghim

When the mixture is boiling, insert a bag of Earl Grey tea. Cook for 5 minutes, adding the butter about halfway through, and constantly stir.

#SpoonTip: Wrap the rescue string around the wooden spoon you stir with to keep track of it.

Susanna Mostaghim

After 5 minutes, remove pot from the heat and remove the tea bag. Cut open the other tea bag and stir in the leaves. Stir in the pectin.

coffee, chocolate, sweet
    Susanna Mostaghim

Let cool and serve or place in sterilized canning jar to store.

coffee, jam, tea, salt
    Susanna Mostaghim