Growing up my mom always made this casserole and I never understood its uniqueness until I got older and realized no one else made it. Mama Rose got this recipe from an old family cookbook but has added her own twist to it which makes it even better. What is this amazing recipe you ask? Hamburger Corn Noodle Casserole--I know the name is very original. 

Guys, I am no cook--my friends can vouch for me on that but I can make this casserole all by myself! That means basically anyone else can too. The best thing about this? You can alter it however you'd like and it's bound to taste amazing. Grab a pen and paper and get your ingredient list going as I show you the amazing Hamburger Corn Noodle Casserole. 

Hamburger Corn Noodle Casserole

• 1 pound hamburger
  • 1 can drained corn
  • 1 can cream mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream chicken soup
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 1/2 package egg noodles
  • salt and pepper to taste
casserole, sauce, pasta, cheese, macaroni
Katie Cooper

Brown your meat then drain the grease. I have this handy Pampered Chef micro cooker so I can brown meat in the microwave--perfect for dorm rooms. I also used pork burger instead of hamburger but you can use either or.

wheat, cereal
    Katie Cooper

Cook the 1/2 package of egg noodles and drain. This is also a great time to preheat your oven to 350°.

penne, tagliatelle, carbohydrate, wheat, spaghetti, macaroni, pasta
    Katie Cooper

After meat is browned and noodles are cooked, mix them together with the other ingredients into a big mixing bow. After they are all mixed together, pour mixture into a casserole dish to go in the oven.

spaghetti, carbohydrate, wheat, macaroni, pasta
    Katie Cooper

Bake at 350° for a half an hour then you are ready to serve.

cheesecake, cake, pancake
    Katie Cooper

#SPOONTIP: You can spice up the flavor (no pun intended) by adding your favorite spices. My mom likes to put garlic powder to add to the flavor. The OG recipe calls for bread crumbs on top but you could also do crunched up chips or shredded cheese to add to the texture. 

Not a meat person? No worries! Our friends over at Northwestern University whipped up this Veggie Casserole recipe for you to try. More of a traditionalist? Check out this Green Bean Casserole you always see at Thanksgiving but never knew how to make. Lots of new recipes here folks. Head to your kitchen and try one of them out!