If you're anything like me, you're always looking for a way to satisfy your daily caramel and chocolate cravings. Thankfully, my friend Nicole makes this super simple chocolate salted caramel pretzel bark, and it is so addictive that (unfortunately for my diet), I can't get enough.

Between the pretzels and sugary caramel, this bark is the perfect combo of salty and sweet flavors. Nicole was kind enough to share the recipe with me, so that I could share it with the Spoon-iverse. Make the bark for a big group of friends, or keep it all to yourself for when you're watching Netflix and need something to snack on straight from the pan (because you deserve it). 

I recommend doubling this recipe just in case you start eating it before it's done baking—because trust me, it's tempting.

Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark

• 8 oz. mini pretzels
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 pinch sea salt
sweet
Hope Steele

Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. The recommended pan size is an 11x17 sheet, but feel free to use whatever you have in your dorm or apartment—it tastes delicious no matter what pan you use.

coffee, beer, ice, fish
    Hope Steele

Line the baking sheet (or sheets if you're making a double recipe) evenly with pretzels.

cookie, cake, chocolate, candy, pastry, sweet
    Hope Steele

Combine the brown sugar and butter in a small sauce pan, and put it on the stove.

cream, cookie, ice, ice cream
    Hope Steele

Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens. This should take about 5 to 8 minutes.

sweet, milk, cream
    Hope Steele

Pour the sugar and butter mixture over the pretzels on the baking sheet. It's ok if you can't distribute it evenly—the mixture will spread out in the oven on its own.

coffee, cake, candy, sweet, chocolate
    Hope Steele

Place the baking sheet into the oven for 5 minutes to let the caramel melt, then take it out for a minute.

peanut butter, cake, peanut, butter, chocolate
    Hope Steele

Sprinkle chocolate chips over the pretzels and caramel. Put the baking sheet back into the oven for one minute to let the chocolate melt.

pretzel, pastry, candy, cake, cookie, chocolate, sweet
    Hope Steele

Use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate and caramel over the pretzels. Add a pinch of sea salt on top to enhance the perfect salty-sweet combo.

toffee, sweet, pecan, cake, caramel, candy, chocolate
    Hope Steele

Though it's tempting to eat it all right away, it's best to cool the mixture in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours, or until it sets completely.

cake, sweet, candy, chocolate
    Hope Steele

Remove the pretzel bark from the foil and break it into pieces. Store in the fridge in a tupperware or ziplock bag, or just eat it all ASAP.

candy, pretzel, chocolate
    Hope Steele

The best parts about this pretzel bark are the short cook time and ingredient list. Most of the items are common kitchen staples, so I only had to buy a bag of pretzels and some chocolate chips. 

I used semi-sweet chocolate for the recipe, but try it with milk chocolate or dark chocolate instead if you'd like—there's really no way to go wrong with any combination of chocolate and caramel. If you're feeling adventurous, top it off with some M&Ms or crushed Oreos, too.