How to Make Snickerdoodle Loaf
Maybe you’ve made one banana bread too many. Maybe you don’t even like bananas. Maybe you’re a cinnamon fiend that thinks cinnamon-raisin bread just doesn’t cut it. Or maybe you just want to bake something unexpected for your next brunch or afternoon tea. Whatever the reason, if you’re hankering for a new way to sweeten your day, look no further than this snickerdoodle loaf. It gives you the scrumptious cinnamon-sugariness of snickerdoodles without the hassle of rolling out cookies. What’s more, unlike the classic cookies, this bread makes a perfectly acceptable breakfast. For a truly saccharine treat, though, try using it to bake Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bread Pudding.
Recipe adapted from Barbara Bakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: one loaf
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon + ½ tablespoon cinnamon, keep separate
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup Greek yogurt
¾ cup add-ins (nuts, raisins, dried berries, butterscotch or cinnamon chips)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 9×5″ loaf pan
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and one teaspoon of cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy in a large bowl by hand or using an electric mixer. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Thoroughly mix one egg in at a time.
5. Mix in vanilla and Greek yogurt.
6. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
7. Fold in desired additions.
8. Pour the batter into the greased pan until it’s two-thirds of the way full. Feel free to bake extra batter into muffins.
9. Combine brown sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon in a small dish. Top bread evenly with mixture.
10. Bake 40-45 minutes, until the bread has lightly browned and a toothpick can be cleanly inserted. Cool and enjoy at room temperature.
More recipes for delectable sweet breads:
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Beer Bread
- How to Turn Ice Cream into Bread with Just Two Ingredients
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Bread
- This Chocolate Zucchini Bread Is Definitely the Most Delicious Way to Eat Your Veggies
- Buckwheat Banana Bread
Recipe adapted from Barbara Bakes.