'Tis the season of gift giving, and I struggle to figure out what gifts to get for my family and friends every year. It seems to get harder and harder to find that perfect gift that the person will actually enjoy or hasn't already purchased for themselves. But as I have gotten older, I've learned that it's the gifts you make that are the most memorable. 

Now that I'm over the legal drinking age, I could easily just buy my friends a nice bottle of alcohol, but what fun is that? I love giving gifts that I can make myself because it makes the gift feel more personalized and thought out. My mom and I made this homemade cranberry-lime infused vodka recipe for our family and friends last year and it was a major hit, so I decided to make some for myself to gift this year! It's super simple with just a few ingredients but looks super fancy. The red cranberries and green lime adds a pop of color that just screams Christmas.

Cranberry-Lime Infused Vodka

• Cook Time:0

• 1 bag fresh cranberries
  • 2 limes
  • 1 bottle vodka
Emily Kress

You'll need to find a clear glass bottle that has a buckle type lid. I found mine at the local craft store for a few bucks.

Emily Kress

Poke holes in the cranberries using a fork. It doesn't take a whole lot of time, but taking a few extra minutes to poke the holes allows the vodka to soak through the cranberries for optimal flavor and color.

Emily Kress

Peel your limes with a vegetable peeler.

#SpoonTip: Don't throw those limes away; you can save them in the refrigerator and when you're ready, juice them for cocktails!

Emily Kress

It's time to assemble the bottles. I like to add some peel, then cranberries, peel, then cranberries and so on to make sure everything gets mixed in evenly. Fill each bottle about half way with cranberries then pour in the vodka and secure the lid.

Emily Kress

Over time, the cranberries will start to turn the vodka a pretty red color that is super festive for the holidays. This is something that could easily be made a few weeks before you plan on gifting so the flavor has time to come out. For a total package gift, tie a cute ribbon around the neck of the bottle and include a recipe card for a cocktail and a glass to go with. If you don't want to give these as gifts, make some to take along to a holiday party; the Christmas tree won't be the only thing getting lit this year!