It all started with TikTok. Creator and food reviewer @alexis.frost posted a video as part of her series reviewing what employees would order at fast food chains. This time, she went to Chipotle and got a steak quesadilla with extra cheese and fajita veggies. The employee who suggested it claimed it tastes like a Philly cheesesteak. Then, people all over the app started trying it.

The hashtags #chipotlequesadilla and #chipotlequesadilla have a combined view count of almost 24 million. Quickly, the comments of the most popular videos filled with people staying they weren't able to order the fajita veggies in a quesadilla or they couldn't order it in store, but had to do it through the app. Chipotle must've caught on as some stores put out signs saying "PROTEIN AND CHEESE ONLY ON QUESADILLA!"

The confusion only added to its virality and from there, creator and food reviewer @keith_lee125 tried both the original and a taco version. He mixed the Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette with sour cream to make an extra creamy dipping sauce that everyone wanted to order. Now, Chipotles across the country are running out of the dressing.

If you can't get your hands on the steak quesadilla with fajita veggies or the Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette, here's how you can make it at home. Inspiration from this video from @thegoldenbalance.

Chipotle Steak Quesadilla With Fajita Veggies

• 1 red onion
  • 1 green pepper
  • oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 pound steak
  • 2 large flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Felicia LaLomia

Slice the red onion and green pepper. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil. Add the veggies and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until a little soft. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.

Felicia LaLomia

Cube the steak into one-inch pieces. Add one tablespoon to the pan and add in the steak. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Remove from the pan.

Felicia LaLomia

Layer in one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with cheese. Add in the steak and the veggies. Top with another tortilla. Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping every few minutes until the cheese is melted and the steak is cooked through. Enjoy!

Felicia LaLomia

Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette

• Cook Time:0

• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 can chilis in adobo
  • Splash water
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Pepper
  • Dried oregano
Felicia LaLomia

Add all the ingredients except the oil, pepper, and oregano into a blender. Blend on low while slowly streaming in the oil. Turn off blender once everything is combined and mix in the spices.

Felicia LaLomia