It may seem like everything leading up to Thanksgiving is turkey-this or gravy-that, but there are plenty of amazing vegetarian dishes that will make any Thanksgiving dinner unbelievably delicious. Keep reading to find out which vegetarian thanksgiving dishes you should try out this year, whether you're in it for the turkey or not.

Who knows, maybe you'll even get a new family tradition started with one of these quality vegetarian thanksgiving dishes. 

1. Stuffed Acorn Squash

acorn squash, squash, vegetable, pumpkin, sweet, rice
Kendra Valkema

Who wouldn't love a personal stuffed squash for Thanksgiving dinner? It's also so aesthetically pleasing, so you'd definitely want to Insta it. 

2. Sweet Potatoes With Marshmallows 

pumpkin, sweet, cream, sweet potato
Lauren D'Amore

Get the dessert train started a little early with these delicious sweet potatoes topped with heaps of mini marshmallows. Vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike will love this twist on the classic sweet potato casserole. 

3. Green Bean Casserole

This dish is a Thanksgiving staple for a reason: unbelievably delicious green beans topped with crispy fried onions are ridiculously yummy. Sign me up.

4. Macaroni and Cheese

pasta, sauce, cheese, macaroni, Mac And Cheese, Macaroni and cheese, spoonful
Julia Gilman

There's nothing wrong with throwing another cheese and carb based dish on the table. After all, it's Thanksgiving, so we gotta show ours thanks to our two favorite food groups. 

5. Pumpkin Spice Brussel Sprouts

vegetable, sprouts, brussels sprout
Florence Ma

Why have just plain old brussel sprouts when you can add some pumpkin spice? Try this recipe for a new (and slightly *basic*) twist on a classic fall vegetable.

6. Cornbread Stuffing with Veggies

This stuffing, which is legit stuffed with every fall vegetable you can think of, will be eaten up so quickly no one will have time to notice that it's actually vegan.

7. Whole Roasted Stuffed Delicata Squash

We got our second stuffed squash! These delicata squashes are stuffed with kale, croutons, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and maple scented pecans, and everyone is going to be asking you for this recipe after. 

8. Mushroom Casserole

Even more than being vegetarian, this casserole can be gluten or dairy free if you make some really easy substitutions. Everyone at the table, regardless of their dietary restrictions, will gobble it down. 

9. Brussel Sprouts Gratin

Cheese, cheese and more cheese. This dish is chock full of everyone's favorite fall staples, and it will never disappoint. 

If you couldn't already tell, veggie Turkey Day is full of squash, potatoes, and (lots and lots of) cheese. So next time someone asks you how you could possible make it through without the turkey, kindly refer them to all the mouthwatering photos and recipes of these bomb vegetarian Thanksgiving dishes.