Whether you have eaten at Chick-fil-a one too many times or have already eaten everything you like at the Pod Market, it’s easy to feel as if there are no good food options on campus. After a while, the food begins to feel repetitive. I can only eat at the Broward Dining Hall so many times. The solution to this problem is simple: frozen foods in your dorm room fridge. Eating in your dorm can be cheaper, more convenient, and yummier if you know the right things to buy. It can be hard to find good frozen food, but when you do, it makes eating meals in college so much easier and tastier. This list includes some of the best frozen dorm room essentials to keep your dorm freezer stocked and stomachs satisfied.

1. Trader Joe's Chicken Fried Rice

Who doesn’t like chicken fried rice? It’s a simple meal that just needs to be put in a bowl and in the microwave. This specific fried rice has about 3 servings for the low price of $2.29! It’s savory, salty, and delicious with each spoonful being sure to provide you with a tasty bite. This dish can easily be elevated with some hot sauce or soy sauce. 

2. MorningStar Farms Veggie Chik'n Nuggets

This vegan option tastes just as good as regular nuggets. Easily microwavable, this box of nuggets only costs $4.59. As a non-vegan, I often find myself eating these nuggets with ketchup/barbecue sauce or even plain! Each bag comes with 14 nuggets but they sure do go quickly. With the perfect ratio of breading to chicken, these nuggets are salty and seasoned perfectioned.

3. Eggo Waffles

For an easy breakfast option, Eggo waffles never disappoint. These waffles simply need to be heated up in either the microwave or the toaster and take less than a minute to cook. Eggo waffles come in many flavors such as blueberry and chocolate chip, and there are even pancake and french toast variations for those who prefer it. My personal favorite is blueberry. You can also serve this meal with a side of fruit, maple syrup, or fun spreads to spice this meal up. For only $2.89, you can buy 10 waffles for a quick and easy meal. These waffles are crispy, fluffy, and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. 

4. Smucker's Uncrustables

As a kid, I would eat these all the time. Now as a college student, I have grown to love them again as they are such a convenient snack and meal. They don't even have to be heated up in the microwave! From peanut butter and grape jelly to chocolate hazelnut spread, there is an Uncrustables option for any time of day. One box of 4 Uncrustables sells for $3.39. You can't go wrong with that classic salty, creamy peanut butter and sweet jelly combination.

5. Trader Joe's Thai Vegetable Gyoza

This vegetarian option is a quick, convenient snack that just needs to be heated up in the microwave. With 15 gyozas to a bag, this frozen food is a nice addition to the dorm room freezer whether it’s as an appetizer or a late-night snack. This $3.99 bag of gyozas is best served with soy sauce. The gyozas are savory and salty while also not being weirdly soggy like many frozen gyozas can be.

6. Stouffer's Macaroni & Cheese

Sometimes going back to your childhood roots for food options is the easiest way to go. Perfectly cheesy and creamy, this macaroni and cheese never disappoints. This Mac and Cheese only needs to be heated up in the microwave for you to enjoy. One serving of this cheesy dish is only $4.

Dorm Room Decadence

Instead of walking to the dining hall, a simple walk to the kitchen microwave is all you need to enjoy a nice, warm meal. Sometimes, it’s cheaper, tastier, and more convenient to eat in your dorm. Having a freezer stocked with these meals will make your life so much easier and provide some much-needed variety. To check out more vegan/vegetarian frozen options, check out this Spoon University article.