Everyone loves to visit new restaurants and festivals for the latest food craze, but there usually isn't enough time in the day to get there. For when you don't want to schlep all the way to the restaurant or bakery, use these 5 recipes to turn your kitchen into a trendy food hot spot.

1. Momofuku Birthday Cake

Momofuku may have the most festive birthday cakes in existence. I decided to recreate the cake because of its appeal to everyone. If you don't have ingredients to make this at home, they even have a class at their Brooklyn warehouse where they teach you how to make these cheerful cakes.

2. Dominique Ansel Cookie Shot

Dominique Ansel may be known for his cronuts, but the cookie shots are one of his greatest - yet underrated - inventions. These were a lot of fun to make, and taste even better than they look. 

3.  DŌ Cookie Dough

Why wait in a 2+ hour line for edible cookie dough when it is so simple to make at home? This is a quick and easy recipe that will make you feel slightly less guilty for eating it. This recipe can be changed to fit what you like with the toppings you chose to mix in.

4. Black Tap Crazy Milkshake

Once again, would you want to wait in an even longer line, for a milkshake that can so easily be made at home? I know I don't! This recipe, like the dough, can easily be made your own with whatever toppings you like! The best part of this recipe is that if you don't want to spend the time making your milkshake insta-worthy, you don't need too! This recipe can be as simple or as complicated as you want.

5. Easy S'mores Dip

S'mores dip may be one of the easiest recipes and I'd say one of the most fun to eat. It's also a great option to share with a group of friends. It brings everyone together and makes them feel as if they are back at summer camp. Plus, it makes for a great boomerang!

These recipes are not only great for Instagram, but they are sure to impress wherever you take them. So, next time you want the latest food craze, try these out instead! It's a lot more fun to eat them in the comfort of your own home anyways.