So you're craving a chocolate chip cookie but you're sick of the classic cookie-cutter recipe (pun intended). You could whip up a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, but why put in so much effort when a delicious dessert is at your fingertips? A pre-made roll of chocolate chip cookie dough is all you need and you're on your way to a 5-star dessert.

1. Deep Dish Secret Center Chocolate Chip Cookies

cake, sweet, muffin, cookie, chocolate, pumpkin
Kaitlyn Sevilla

I made these cookies with my grandma and we could have eaten all 16 cookies by ourselves! They are delicious and super easy! 

You'll need: 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough and 1 sweet dark chocolate bar 

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°. Place paper baking cup into 16 regular-size muffin cups. Break the chocolate bar into 16 bars, one for each cookie. Then, break the individual bars into two pieces. Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and wrap it around the two smaller pieces of the chocolate bar, and place the ball of dough into a muffin cup in the muffin pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes. The center of the cookie will sink slightly— but that's okay. Serve warm. 

2. Skillet Cookie Sundae 

This way you really will only eat one cookie.  

You'll need: 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough and any toppings you desire (such as ice cream, chocolate syrup, cherries, sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipped cream etc.) 

Directions: Preheat oven to 375°. Cut up the cookie dough into smaller pieces, and press the pieces into the bottom of an ungreased 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the cookie is firm and the cookie is golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before adding your favorite toppings. 

3. Pretzel S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars 

Because s'mores aren't just for campfires! 

You'll need: 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough, 2 and 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows, 1 cup (loosely packed) mini pretzel twists (about 23-30 pretzels), and 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips 

Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, extending over two opposite sides of the pan (this will help with removing the bars from the pan). Spray the foil with cooking spray. Spread pieces of cookie dough all over the bottom of the pan, covering it in an even layer. Bake the cookie dough for about 18 minutes or just until the center is set. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows over the partly-baked cookie crust. Place pretzels over the marshmallows in five or six rows of 5 pretzels each. Then, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Put your masterpiece back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. To get that toasted marshmallow look, set the oven to broil and place the pan on the top rack. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows are a light golden brown. Watch carefully and don't let the marshmallows burn. Remove from the oven and let the bars cool for at least 30 minutes. Lift the bars out of the pan using the foil overhang on the sides. Cut the bars into 9 (3 rows x 3 rows) or 12 (4 rows x 3 rows) bars and serve! 

4. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies 

Because why wouldn't you want ice cream between a cookie?! 

You'll need: 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough, ½ cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips or candy sprinkles, 2 and ¼ cups of any flavor ice cream (slightly softened)

Directions: Heat oven to 350°F. Shape the cookie dough into 18 balls on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely (about 15 minutes). Cut nine 12x9-inch sheets of plastic wrap/waxed paper and place the chocolate chips/candy sprinkles in a small, shallow bowl. For each ice cream cookie sandwich, spoon about ¼ cup ice cream onto the bottom of 1 cookie. Top with the second cookie and press together gently. Roll the outer edge of the ice cream in chocolate chips/candy sprinkles. Then, quickly wrap each cookie sandwich in plastic wrap. Allow the sandwiches to freeze for about 3 hours. For a longer storage time, store the wrapped sandwich in a resealable freezer plastic bag. When it comes time to serve, let the sandwiches stand for 5-10 minutes to thaw slightly. 

5. Magic Oreo Bars 

Anything with Oreos is always magical. 

You'll need: 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough, 2 cups of coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (around 16 cookies), 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chunks, ½ cup of milk chocolate chips, ½ cup chopped pecans, 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup of white vanilla baking chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges. Spray with cooking spray and spread the cookie dough evenly in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Then, add just 1 cup of the Oreos and all of the chocolate chunks, milk chocolate chips, and pecans to the top of the cookie. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cookie bar base and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 cup of Oreos. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is firm and the edges are golden brown. Allow your magic bars to cool for about 2 hours before removing from the pan with the foil edges. Suggested: cut bars into 6 rows by 4 rows. 

With these easy recipes, you'll never want plain old chocolate chip cookies again. But beware— everyone will be wanting you to make the dessert for the family parties! #cookiemonsterapproved