Spinach is one of the most effortless and versatile ingredients you can have in your kitchen. When you're feeling low maintenance and need some nutrients, keeping bags of frozen spinach gives you a reason to cook healthier options. Frozen spinach lasts a long time and is super cheap, making it necessary to have on hand. Even better, there are tons of frozen spinach recipes that require very few ingredients (I was so happy to discover I could feed my lazy self fairly healthy meals so easily). Trust me, you don’t want to underestimate the power of frozen spinach. 

1. 4-Ingredient Spinach Dip

Kelly Logan

So you've got a cup of frozen spinach left over but you're too lazy to cook. Fret no more! Make this super simple four-ingredient dip that'll transform that leftover frozen spinach into an amazing snack.

2. Burrito

omelette, egg, tomato, eggplant
Laura Bohannon

This burrito is the ultimate on-to-go meal. It doesn't require much, just some simple preparation and a microwave. Grab a tortilla, dump on your protein of choice and some frozen spinach, then wrap and freeze it. When you're ready to eat it, throw it in the microwave and you're done.

3. Spinach Gnocchi

Photo courtesy of Weelicious

Bet you didn't think Italian dumpling pasta could be substituted with spinach instead of potatoes. So scrap your potatoes and use frozen spinach instead; it'll help increase your protein and fiber intake. 

4. Creamy Garden Spinach

Photo courtesy of Sainsbury

As someone who loves changing up the sides of vegetable in my meal, I’m so glad I found this recipe. You don’t have to do much and most ingredients here can be substituted. If you don’t have crème fraiche, use sour cream. Not a fan of Gruyère cheese? Switch it up with another type of Swiss cheese. 

5. Spinach Soup

Dinner in the Dark 10 - Soup

Edsel L on Flickr

There are tons of spinach soup recipes out there. It's a no-brainer why as it's perfect for so many occasions. You pretty much just dump in your favourite seasonings, potatoes, a dash of cream, and a handful frozen spinach into a pot. It's great for cold rainy days and is an all around nutritious soup.

6. Spinach Colcannon

Colcannon

VegaTeam on Flickr

Colcannon is one of the most Irish side dishes out there and some consider it Irish mashed potatoes. It's usually made with potatoes, butter, bacon, and cabbage. Since low-carb alternatives are in, try this version of colcannon that's made with cauliflower, avocado, and spinach. 

7. Salmon Bake with Garlic Spinach

vegetable, meat, sauce, chicken, parsley
Shalayne Pulia

I have something to confess. I don't eat fish unless it's cooked or prepared in a Japanese cuisine. But I'm eating more fish now, and it's all thanks to good recipes like this one. This recipe's got lots of fresh ingredients, making it healthy and full of flavor. It doesn't require that much work and hits all your macros.

8. Vegan Maple Glazed Stuffed Squash

acorn squash, squash, vegetable, pumpkin, sweet, rice
Kendra Valkema

When squash season comes around, don't forget about this recipe. It'll definitely change how you eat squash. I especially love this recipe because it's so fall and we all know this season has amazing harvest.

9. Chicken with Spinach and Cheese Stuffing

chicken, pork, barbecue, meat
Christin Urso

As much as I love chicken, I do get bored of eating chicken plain for macro-conscious reasons. That's one of the reasons why I love this recipe. It adds a little flavour with the cheese, but still doesn't disrupt my macro game.

10. Spinach Bread

Photo courtesy of Kitchen Gidget

If you're looking for an almost healthier version of pizza, this one's for you. You can substitute the sausage with another form of protein if you're vegetarian or vegan. I also imagine this being the perfect Instagram food porn.

11. Spinach Mashed Potatoes

Photo courtesy of Taste of Lizzy T

Did you know mashed potatoes actually go well with spinach? Well, that's my opinion. But if you're looking to steer away from your regular mashed potatoes, add spinach. It'll provide your meal with an extra boost of iron

12. Easy Spinach Lasagna

Photo courtesy of Chowhound

Trying to cut down on your meat intake but love lasagna? Try making it with spinach instead. It's perfect for Meatless Mondays and pasta cravings. It'll keep your tummy happy and full.

13. Veggie Burger with Tomato Salsa

Photo courtesy of Sainsbury

As a big fan of veggie patties, there are times when I get sick of only having beet as my main source of vegetables. So if you're like me, this recipe's for you. It also has a little spice to your conventional burger as it incorporates salsa.

14. Spinach Pasta Sauce

soup, tomato, basil, garlic, cream, vegetable
Adeena Zeldin

This one is self-explanatory. Just grab your favourite store-bought pasta sauce and throw in frozen spinach. Once that's cooked, mixed it with your favourite pasta.

15. Spinach Potato Nest Bites

Photo courtesy of Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox Chief Foodie Officers

You know a recipe's good when your mum approves of it. And wow, did the creators of this recipe impress their mothers. Not only is it super tasty, but it's also really simple to make. And the potato nest really shows your culinary skills and acts as a cute snack or a great finger food.

16. Easy Spinach and Protein Breakfast

This recipe is one for those who need a simple post-workout breakfast. It’s protein-packed and easy to make. This breakfast only has three main ingredients – eggs, sausages, and frozen spinach. You can add some salt and paper for flavor. 

17. Spinach Smoothie Bowl

vegetable, soup
Margaret Ross

I always wondered how people made green smoothie bowls so Insta-worthy. That is, until I found this smoothie bowl recipe. It’s healthy, aesthetically pleasing, and delicious. What more can you ask for?

18. Stuffed Hash Brown Omelette

vegetable, sauce, cheese, meat, omelet, tomato

If hash brown, omelette, and spinach sounds like a great combination to you, you’re not wrong. While this recipe tells you to use fresh spinach, you can substitute it with frozen spinach – it won’t make a drastic difference. 

19. Spinach and Tomato Pizza

Fresh, corn, pizza, cheese, cilantro
Caroline Ingalls

I'm the kind of person who loves greens on her pizza, especially if it's spinach or rocket (arugula). It's also a great time to include some of that frozen spinach into your homemade pizza recipe. Just let it defrost for a bit and spread it all over your cheese and tomato-filled pizza. 

20. Spinach and Artichoke Dip

cheese, spinach, lasagna
Brianna Sutherland

How much do you love dips? If you're that obsessed with dips, this is another dip that incorporates frozen spinach. Plus, we all know spinach and artichoke is a great combination for a dip.

21. Keto Creamed Spinach

Photo courtesy of ruled.me

This one is for those who love cream and dairy. I'm not joking. This recipe incorporates cream cheese, sour cream, and Parmesan. Definitely not suggested for those who are lactose intolerant.

22. Spinach Balls

Photo courtesy of Sweet As Honey

I always remember how excited it was to visit Ikea for their Swedish meatballs. As much as I love their meatballs, I occasionally like to go meatless, especially when hosting parties or contributing to a potluck. So I'm glad I found this recipe.

23. Spinach and White Bean

Need more sides that incorporate spinach? Here's one for the kitchen. It's perfect for really plain dishes that need more greens. 

24. Avocado Pesto Spinach Pasta

vegetable, dairy product, pasta, parsley, cheese, sauce
Cassidy Rizza

Basil pesto is so overrated, and if you're wanting to try something new but easy, this recipe will save you. It only requires five ingredients and is super cheap.

So now that you know about all these recipes, believe in frozen spinach and get hoarding. Don't think frozen spinach is just for smoothies. From party treats to smoothies to dips to pizza, frozen spinach can be used in so many recipes.