Avocados became America's favorite fruit in 2015, and since then hipsters and healthsters haven't been able to get enough of them. Guacamole has pretty much introduced itself as a staple in the typical American's diet. For those of you who don't know, guacamole is an avocado-based dip that's great on sandwiches and salads. There are many ways of making it, but the basic ingredients are avocado, lime juice, and salt. If you're tired of settling for chips and veggies, try these 15 recipes with guacamole!

1. Southwestern Guacamole Toast

Prepare for summer with this recipe, and turn breakfast anywhere into a breakfast in Mexico with this dish. All you have to do is make your own version of pico de gallo, by dicing up tomatoes, onions, and cilantro, if you're a fan. Throw on top some corn, red bell peppers, and queso fresco for some flair.

2. Grilled Shrimp Mango Salsa Guacamole Toast

I love shrimp and avocado together, as I think the citrus flavors in both work perfectly together. And with the mango salsa, you get a touch of sweetness that wraps everything up. It's a really light and fresh twist on the classic!

3. Margarita Chicken Quesadilla with Margarita Guacamole

What a perfect addition to the Margarita Monday agenda! These quesadillas are spicy, cheesy, tangy, and, if you weren't catching on, delicious. The margarita mix adds a really great citrusy flavor that's hard to beat! 

#SpoonTip: Find the best tequila to accompany your margarita quesadillas!

4. Grilled Cheese, Nacho Style

So much cheese, then top that with some queso dip, then throw in some tortilla chips, spread some guacamole, and you have yourself a recipe your friends will be raving about for weeks. And if you want to add more, you can go for it – jalapeños, black beans, onion, salsa, or sour cream!

5. BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese with Fresh Guacamole

I've never thought about combining guacamole and barbecue sauces...until seeing this recipe. These chefs look ready to take on anything with this sandwich, as it covers all the bases. The tangy barbecue sauce complements the sweet semi-spicy guacamole, and the heartiness of the pulled pork leaves you feeling super satisfied.

6. Deep Fried 7-Layer Dip Taquitos

I'm a sucker for a good taquito, and with this recipe you have 12 to 14 of them in minutes. These pretty much have everything (they weren't kidding about the seven layers) – refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese. If you want to add meat, I think this recipe would go great with taco-seasoned ground beef.

7. Patacones con Carne Desmechada (Fried Plantains with Beef)

This recipe is coming to you straight from Colombia! I was raised on tostones, aka fried plantains, and I loved dipping them in guacamole as a kid so this recipe just makes sense! Just get the fried plantain and start layering – spread the guacamole, top with some pulled pork and mozzarella cheese.

#SpoonTip: You can take some inspiration from Miami's own Pincho Factory and make a tostone sandwich by just layering an extra fried plantain on top. 

8. Open Faced Salmon and Avocado BLT

Salmon and avocado are a great sushi combo, so it makes sense that they would make a delicious sandwich! This recipe calls for plain avocado, but you should def make your own guac and add that on instead. It's a sophisticated take on a classic BLT, and you won't be sorry you tried it.

#SpoonTip: Keep a sandwich light by making it an open faced sandwich (minus one slice of bread).

9. Guacamole-Stuffed Sweet Potato

This meal is nourishing, packed with healthy fats, nutrients, and protein. It features a baked sweet potato stuffed with fresh guacamole, and the rest is up to you. You can add red onions, beans, corn, chipotle sauce, or salsa—whatever you want. This meal is so customizable, it'll never get old.

10. Guacamole Topped Scrambled Eggs

I've been on an egg kick recently for zero reason, but they're cheap, delicious, and super easy to make. And I'm a sucker for anything on the side of my eggs. Usually I go for ketchup (yes, I'm that person), but recently guacamole has been adding the creaminess and sweetness that I look for. Highly recommend! 

11. Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese

bacon, cheese, tomato, avocado, sandwich, lettuce, egg
Gabby Phi

The best thing about this sandwich is how easy it is. If you want more bacon, add more bacon. If you want more creaminess, add guacamole. If you want more cheese pull, add more cheese. The world is your oyster. I'd also venture out and experiment by adding some tomato or raw onion.

12. Tomato, Cucumber, and Guacamole Sandwich

This is literally a tea or picnic sandwich. It's dainty, it's cute, and it's delicious. And a recipe doesn't get much easier than this one! Perfect for a light meatless meal.

13. Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich

This sandwich is definitely not limited to breakfast, but it still would be a fantastic way to start your morning. You have a runny yolk, melted cheese, and crisp bacon on crunchy sourdough bread, and the guac adds the perfect amount of freshness.

14. Chili Lime Chicken Burgers

avocado, chicken
Abigail Wilkins

I love getting inspiration from grocery store frozen foods and trying to recreate the recipe on my own. These burgers are influenced by the one and only Trader Joe's, and they are delicious. The chicken patties are stacked with nummy ingredients like peppers, onions, cilantro, and garlic, and you can't beat topping it with some guacamole.

15. Guacamole Fries

chicken, meat
Max Bartick

The perfect collaboration between fries and guacamole, you never have to drunkenly decide again. But be careful, you're frying these bad boys. You have been warned. You'll never look back from the day you tried this recipe with guacamole for the first time, trust me. 

And that's how to insert guacamole into every meal! These recipes with guacamole are guaranteed to be crowd pleasers, and hey, maybe you can charge people extra.