Life’s busy. Yeah, you’re probably saying “duh, captain obvious." But seriously, I don’t have time to make gourmet meals every day of the week, and discovering the magic of freezer meal prep has changed my life. Yup, you can prep and freeze entire meals to enjoy later. Here are 15 healthy make ahead freezer meals that will make your week a little easier.

1. Smoothies  

strawberry, frozen strawberries, chia seeds, orange juice, smoothie, blender, ice
Caroline Ingalls

Smoothies are hands down the best easy breakfast to make ahead of time because all you need to do is simply put the ingredients in a bag, stick it in the freezer, and blend it all up in the morning. It takes five minutes max and can be filled with flaxseeds, chia seeds, protein powder, and more. This green smoothie bowl is perfect for a five-minute breakfast.

#SpoonTip: Make a big batch of “smoothie bags” (aka bags filled with your smoothie ingredients) and stick them in your freezer at the beginning of the week.

2. Avocado Smoothie Bowl

blueberry, smoothie, yogurt, berry
Jessica Farber

This creamy avocado smoothie is filled with healthy fats from the avocado, fiber from the fruit, natural sweetness from the honey, and protein from the Greek yogurt! 

3. Breakfast Burrito

vegetable, tomato
Katie Cooper

If smoothies aren’t your thing and you’re looking for a more filling meal, these easy make ahead breakfast burritos are your new best friends. They’re filled with protein, healthy fats, carbs, and fiber, making them a great healthy meal prep dish! Once you've made the burritos, wrap them tightly in foil and heat them up later.

4. Vegan and Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes

Danielle Clark

Some people are smoothie people. Some like burritos. Me? I could go for a fat stack of pancakes any time of the day, any day of the week. That’s why I love meal prepping these vegan and gluten-free protein pancakes! They come together easily and freeze for a few weeks, so you can simply defrost them and add on fruit, peanut butter, or syrup when ready.

5. Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles

Sometimes, ya just aren’t feeling pancakes, which is why I LOVE these paleo sweet potato waffles for a great make ahead freezer meal. Simply prep, freeze, and serve with some eggs and avocado in the morning.

6. Vegetarian Chili

chili
Abby Galyon

Once the weather gets chiller, I don’t blame ANYONE for wanting a cozy, easy meal. That’s why this vegetarian chili, which tastes just as good as the classic dish your mom whips up, is perfect for you. Chili can be made in bulk and frozen in jars easily, making it the perfect make ahead freezer meal. It’s also versatile based off diet, so if you’re vegan or vegetarian, simply omit any meat or cheese!

7. Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Can we all agree that sweet potato fries are VASTLY underrated? They are my favorite side dish to any sandwich or veggie burger, which is why I love prepping a big batch and freezing them for when I’m craving a fry. These oven-baked sweet potatoes fries are also way healthier than the ones you’d get at a restaurant, so not only are you saving money and time, but you’re nourishing your body with real healthy ingredients. 

8. Vegan Pesto Spaghetti Squash Bake

vegetable, cheese, pasta, sauce
Kristine Mahan

Spaghetti squash is seriously one of the best dishes to make during the colder months, because it’s filled with nutrients, fiber, and is a great pasta replacement. I love this vegan pesto spaghetti squash bake because it’s filling, amazing for freezer meal prep, and tastes delicious. For a make ahead freezer meal, prepare the casserole as if you were about to bake it, but cover it tightly with foil and freeze instead. When you're ready to eat it, simply bake it at the instructed temperature until hot. 

9. Black Bean and Butternut Squash Tacos

tacos, vegetable, chili, bread, tomato, lettuce
Katherine Baker

Okay, so these black bean and butternut squash tacos are cheating a bit, because you don’t really assemble them before you put them in the freezer. However, you can prep the squash ahead of time, freeze the beans, freeze the tortillas, and simply throw together in five minutes when you’re ready. Easy peasy!

10. Paleo Blueberry Muffins

muffin, sweet, chocolate, pastry, cake, goody, raisin muffin, candy, blueberry muffin, cookie
Haley Abram

We cannot forget a good muffin. These paleo blueberry muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast slathered with nut butter that you can easily freeze and defrost in the morning. Plus, you’re getting in some fruit with the blueberries (or you can be like me and sub those for chocolate chips).

11. Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bar

Every college student needs a good protein bar, which is why these peanut butter cup protein bars from Ambitious Kitchen are perfect! Packed with protein, flavor, and chocolate (um, yes please), these are perfect for a quick bite you can easily prep ahead and store in the freezer.

#SpoonTip: Make sure you’re only using all natural peanut butter to avoid added cane sugars, palm oils, and artificial ingredients. 

12. Vegan Teriyaki Sushi Burritos 

I’m a huge fan of both burritos and sushi, which is why these vegan teriyaki sushi burritos are a staple in my meal prep rotation. They’re filling, made with seitan (holla at plant-based protein) and taste similar to the beloved (and often expensive) dish. I make a big batch of these and freeze them for lunches and dinners. Doesn’t get any better than that!

#SpoonTip: If not vegan, you can easily sub the seitan for chicken.

13. Eggplant Parmesan

Need a good alternative to chicken parm? Try out this vegan and gluten-free eggplant Parmesan from Minimalist Baker. Packed with flavor, a cheesy taste (without all the dairy), and satisfaction, they’re such a staple in my dinner rotation. Paired with some chickpea or brown rice noodles, this eggplant Parmesan is perfect for a freezer dish.

14. Coconut Flour Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Brownies are a must in any snack rotation, which is why I love these coconut flour brownies with peanut butter frosting. Packed with protein, nutrients, natural sweetness, and flavor, they're a great treat to make and freeze for any time of the day.

15. Orange Coconut Baked Tofu

This orange coconut baked tofu is a dupe on the beloved orange chicken from Panda Express, except it’s way healthier, more filling, and overall tastier. Freeze it for a few months and when ready, pair it with some brown rice for a healthy, quick dinner.

See, meal prep really can be that easy! The key to meal prep is KISS—Keep It Simple Stupid. By making two to three of these make ahead freezer meals at the beginning of your week, you're saving yourself time, money, and a hungry stomach after a long day at work or school. If you have more than one of these meals in your freezer, then when every you're busy and hangry (which I hate) you can open your freezer, choose a snack, and nibble away!