It's the summer heading into fourth grade and you're trying to make an extra buck or two to spend on a cool pair of sunglasses at Claire's or a pack of Hubba Bubba that your mom refuses to buy because it's not sugar-free. You set up a makeshift stand with a jug of lemonade you spent probably way too long making, because adding a scoop of mix and ice into a water pitcher can be difficult for some. Hanging from the table, there's a crooked poster board with the words "Lemonade Stand," hoping some passerby will throw a few dollars to support a young entrepreneur like you.

At the risk of making false assumptions about your life, we feel pretty confident that you gave the old lemonade stand routine a try at some point during your childhood. While Minute Maid lemonade mix will forever hold a special place in our hearts thanks to our entrepreneurial days, there comes a time when artificially flavored drinks just don't cut it anymore. And since making your own lemonade takes just minutes to prepare, why settle for store-bought brands that are full of additives and artificial colors? Ditch the powdered stuff and make one of these homemade lemonade recipes instead. With so many great twists on the classic beverage, you'll never have to drink the same version twice! 

#SpoonTip: If you're trying to limit your refined sugar intake, try sweetening your lemonade with Stevia or Monk Fruit Extract.

1. Pineapple Lemonade

milk, cream, sweet, dairy product, yogurt, oil
Kirby Barth

This tropical take on your favorite childhood drink will transport you to a beach on an island in the Caribbean. This drink is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with an added fizz and pop from seltzer. The recipe even includes a low sugar option for those looking to ingest less sugar.

2. Cucumber Basil Lemonade with Lemongrass

If you're looking for the perfect refreshing drink on a hot summer day, look no further.  With plenty of health benefits from the cucumber, basil, and lemongrass, including skin clearing properties and digestion benefits, this drink is more than just another delicious BBQ staple. 

3. Peach Lemonade

PSU Wed March 7, 2012 306

SupportPDX on Flickr

Fresh peaches lend a sweet, fruity flavor to this quintessential summer drink. The peaches are boiled in water to extract the concentrated flavor from the ripe fruit. This tasty drink retains a beautiful color from the fresh peaches for a unique orange Instagramable picture. 

#SpoonTip: Add peach slices and mint leaves for an Instagram-worthy shot. 

4. Blackberry Lemonade

Since blackberries reach their peak sweetness during the summer months, there's nothing more perfect than incorporating them into your favorite summertime beverage. Not only do the berries lend their sweet flavor, but they also turn your lemonade a rich shade of purple. If you're not a fan of the small seeds, you can easily strain the lemonade through a fine colander or cheesecloth.

5. Brazilian Lemonade

This take on lemonade isn't your traditional American version. Instead of the usual granulated sugar, this version uses sweetened condensed milk to give this lemonade a rich and creamy flavor. It gets blended not only to fully combine the ingredients, but to also add a frothy texture. Along with its luscious feel, you still maintain the lemony sweetness you want from lemonade. 

6. Strawberry Lemonade

This recipe couldn't be any simpler or more delicious. Just prepare the lemonade, and throw in some chopped strawberries for a sweet and tangy addition to your drink. The berries turn your lemonade to a pretty pink color that will make you feel all the tropical vibes. 

7. Red, White, and Blue Frozen Lemonade

While this drink may look impressive, it's so easy to make. Just throw a few choice ingredients like sugar, ice, lemon juice, and frozen fruit into a blender for a patriotic and refreshing drink any time of the year. 

8. Green Tea Lemonade

Fufill your Starbucks cravings with this copycat Green Tea Lemonade. This is a great recipe if you're looking for a healthier lemonade because it's diluted with green tea, which is full of great health benefits. Green tea has been shown to lower cholesterol and even make you smarter. Now, how's that for a homemade drink?

9. Strawberry Basil Lemonade

Strawberry and basil is such an elegant combination of flavors and perfect to pair with lemonade for a refreshing and bright twist. This recipe uses honey instead of white sugar for a healthier, yet just as tasty, summertime drink. 

10. Lavender-Infused Lemonade

This beautiful drink is made purple with the addition of dried lavender and food coloring for a vibrant drink that will brighten even the rainiest of days. 

11. Sparkling Ginger Lemonade

Ginger has so many nutritional benefits, and its flavor pairs well with lemon, so it is a no-brainer to pair ginger with lemonade. This recipe calls for club soda to add a perfect fizz to this mocktail, along with honey instead of sugar for a more natural sweetness.

12. Orange Lemonade

This drink is a combination of two of everyone's all time favorite childhood beverages: orange juice and lemonade. The recipe calls for equal parts lemon juice and orange juice for a perfect balance of the two citrus flavors. 

13. Beyonce's Very Own Lemonade

tea, apple, beer
Sam Tanchel

This is Beyonce's recipe—does it need much more explanation? The lemon zest and the half pound of sugar both lead to an amazing tasting drink that is almost as great as Queen Bey herself. 

14. Mint Limeade

Ryan Garner on Flickr

While this technically isn't lemonade, it's still a perfect summertime drink for when you're in the mood for something tart and refreshing. This recipe uses palm sugar, which has a rich, caramel flavor, in place of white sugar for a deeper sweetness to balance the bitter lime flavor. 

#SpoonTip: Swap out lemon juice for lime juice if you want a legit lemonade. 

15. Passion Tea Lemonade

juice, ice, tea, cocktail
Alyssa Modos

This is another one of those drinks that is the perfect Starbucks copycat. With only three ingredients, it couldn't be easier to make at home. Not to mention, this drink is way cheaper to make yourself than to order it at Starbucks, so try it and thank me later. 

There are so many ways to enjoy your summer, but lemonade should always be included in your plans. It's the perfect drink to sip on at the beach, at a picnic, or wherever your summer plans take you. So when life hands you lemons, you know just the thing to make.