As a Starbucks barista, people are always asking me for the inside scoop when it comes to the chain's pricey drinks that everyone seems to love. Today's inside scoop covers how to make Starbucks' passion tea lemonade at home.

The Grocery List

Making this drink is super simple, and that's mostly because there are only two ingredients: lemonade and passion tea that has notes of hibiscus, lemongrass, and apple.

The beauty of making this drink at home is that you have the flexibility to choose your own tea and lemonade. In my opinion, Tazo passion tea and Minute Maid Light Lemonade are the closest Starbucks dupes, but you can choose whatever kind of passion tea and lemonade your taste buds desire. 

Now that you've got your ingredients, you're ready to make your own Starbucks passion tea lemonade. If you want to have a truly organic experience, dim the lights and play the Starbucks Spotify playlist softly in the background. Mood: set.

Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade

• 3 passion tea bags
  • 6 cups water
  • 1/2 bottle lemonade

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil on the stove, then add 3 passion tea bags to the water. Turn off the heat and let this steep for 5 minutes.

tea, soup
    Alyssa Modos

Remove the tea bags and squeeze out any liquid inside of them. Add 3 more cups of water to the tea, then pour it into a pitcher.

milk, sweet, coffee, juice, tea
    Alyssa Modos

Shake your bottle of lemonade, then pour about half of the bottle into the pitcher with the passion tea. Give the mixture a stir, then pour into a glass and enjoy.

juice, ice, tea, cocktail
    Alyssa Modos

Pimp Your Drink

In my experienced Starbucks barista opinion, the ratio of tea to lemonade in this recipe is the best tasting combination of the ingredients, and it's the most representative of an actual Starbucks passion tea lemonade.

However, don't feel like you're married to this recipe. If you're someone who always asks for extra lemonade when you order this drink in store, then you may want to add a bit more lemonade to your homemade version.

If you're someone who really enjoys the flavors in passion tea, then you may want to be heavier handed with the tea at home. You are the barista in your kitchen — feel free to experiment with the ratio and find out what you like best.

Healthy to Unhealthy Real Quick

The main reason that I chose Minute Maid Light Lemonade as the lemonade for this recipe is because Starbucks' lemonade is a very light lemonade. Made up of lemon juice, lemon oil, water, and sugar, Starbucks' lemonade is fairly low in calories and sugar in comparison to most store bought lemonade options.

If you want to know how to make Starbucks passion tea lemonade in its truest form, then your best bet is to go with a light bottled lemonade or to make your own lemonade. 

To make a light version of lemonade at home, mix water, lemon juice, and a sweetener of your choice. If sugar is a concern for you, opt for Splenda or a similar brand rather than the real thing.

The exact measurements for this homemade lemonade recipe are 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, 3 cups of water, and sweetener to your preference.

Now that you're familiar with how to make Starbucks passion tea lemonade, head to your kitchen and make it for yourself. Once you've perfected it to your tastes, be sure bring it to every food related social gathering that you go to this summer — everyone you know will be envious of your delicious, money-saving Starbucks hack.