Whether you just arrived this spring for the new semester or you’ve been living on campus or a while, it may be daunting to think about what to make for yourself every single day. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled 15 Asian meal prep recipes to inspire you. These meal prep recipes are easy to make, and the ingredients can be bought at your nearest grocery stores.

1. Ginger Chicken (level:★☆☆)

chicken, chicken wings, Bowl
Casey Tang

Ginger Chicken isn't really authentic, but it's tasty, nonetheless! Try this sweet and savory recipe from PBS. I usually go with the S&B ginger paste tubes instead of real ginger to cut time. Let the marinade set while cooking rice, or overnight for a stronger flavor. You can also freeze the marinated chicken to store for a longer period of time.

2. Gapao Rice (level:★★☆)

Anna Matsuo

This recipe says Gapao Rice is Japanese cuisine, but it's actually Thai food which gained popularity in Japan in recent years. Prep only the chicken. On a lazy night, microwave the gapao chicken, cook some rice, and make a fried egg to complete your dinner. 

3. Mapo Eggplant (level: ★☆☆)

tofu, rice, chicken, vegetable
Haley Greco

With this vegetarian stir-fry, you'll have yourself a filling Asian meal. You could cut the ingredient and prepare the sauce (soy sauce, sake, and chili paste) ahead of time, and toss it all together when you're ready to eat.

4. Bulgogi (level: ★★☆)

beef, pork, meat, vegetable
Delissa Handoko

See how to make this popular Korean cuisine at home. As stated at the end of the recipe, bulgogi is very easy to store, which makes it perfect for meal prepping for us busy college students.

5. Tandoori Pork (level: ★☆☆)

chicken
Nathalie Kent

If you're in for some Japanese-style Tandoori Pork, all you need are 8 slices of pork loin, 80g of plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons of curry powder, 1/3 teaspoon of salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste and ginger paste. Put them all in a plastic bag and let sit for 30 minutes. The recipe is in Japanese but it has a video you can follow. Serve with some naan or basmati rice.

6. Salmon Teriyaki (level: ★☆☆)

meat, vegetable, barbecue, chicken breast, pork, sauce, grilled salmon, steak, fillet, chicken, fish
Laura Palladino

You're only six ingredients away from delicious salmon teriyaki. This is good for a meal at home or in your lunch box! You can prepare large amounts of the sauce and use it for not just salmon but for chicken, beef, or vegetables. 

7.  Gyoza (level: ★★☆)

dumpling, gyoza, ravioli, dough, pork, meat
Naomi Hoffner

Japanese dumplings are great for quick bites because you can store them frozen. Make the gyoza skins from scratch like in this recipe buy them at your closest Asian market. The recipe walks you through each step with pictures, which makes it easy for anyone to cook.

8. Tofu Patty (level: ★★☆)

tofu, beancurd, miso soup
Laura Palladino

Sick of plain tofu and tofu stir-fries? Then try these tofu patties with daikon sauce on the side. Even if you're not vegetarian, they are a nutritious and delicious option. You can prepare dozens of patties and keep them frozen for when you want a light snack.

9. Kimchi Pork Stir Fry (level: ★☆☆)

shrimp, sauce
Shelby McLennan

If you like spicy but not TOO spicy, this Japanese take on a Korean kimchi meal is right for you. It'd be best to eat right away, but Kimchi Pork is also able to be frozen for later eating.

10. Sweet and Sour Pork (level: ★★★)

rice, pork, teriyaki, chicken, beef, sauce, meat, vegetable, broccoli
Helena Lin

This video makes it easy to make the popular Asian meal at home. If you don't have time, at least make the sauce beforehand to make cooking easier. If you like pineapple in your sweet and sour stir fry, go for it! Add some pineapple.

11. Pad Thai (level: ★★★)

College, college cooking, Cooking, homemade, Rice noodles, noodles, Thai food, Thai, Thai peanut sauce, Thai Peanut Rice Noodles, Noodle Pull, Lifting Noodles
Amy Dong

Fish sauce can be hard to come across in ordinary grocery stores, so here's a Pad Thai recipe without the fish sauce. The notes at the end give you variations to make it gluten free or vegan. Make the sauce, cut the scallions, and store them in the fridge so you can make the pad thai whenever you have time.

12. Wasabi and Lemon Sushi Bowl (level: ★☆☆)

rice, teriyaki, vegetable, chicken, fish
Joanna Chyu

Poke bowls are delicious, too, but this isn't your average bowl. It's zestier, with lemon and wasabi vinegar. You can store the vinegar and ingredients (take the salmon and flying fish roe) in the fridge for a few days. Mix in fresh sashimi grade salmon and sprinkle the flying fish roe on the day of consumption.

13. Asian Fusion Salad (level: ★☆☆)

vegetable, cabbage, salad, pasta, coleslaw, slaw, rice
Allie Patenaude

What's better than salad? Asian fusion salad. What better than Asian susion salad? Asian fusion salad that stays fresh for a week! Keep this salad in your fridge and have it for lunch as it is, or toss some salad chicken in right before you eat for more volume.

14. Fried Rice (level: ★☆☆)

rice, vegetable, fried rice, risotto, meat, chicken
Abigail Wilkins

When you've got leftover eggs or rice, this is a perfect meal prep! If you are worried about how long rice can last in the fridge, don't worry. It lasts around a week, but you can also put it in the freezer for longer storage.

15. Coconut Curry Chicken (level: ★★★)

coconut
Erin Gillingham

If you're in a hurry, I recommend this 22-minute Coconut Curry Chicken. Even if you can't handle spicy, the coconut milk will make it mild. If you still can't handle it, I usually sprinkle cheese on my green curry to make it mild. Store the curry portions in the fridge in a microwavable tupperware and serve hot with rice or naan.

These are just recipes for your inspiration. If you're new to meal prepping and completely terrified, start out with level ★☆☆ meal preps. Gradually, you'll get the hang of it and be able to put your own twists to the dishes.