What would we do without eggs? They’re cheap and a great source of nutrients: one egg has just 70 calories, 6 grams of protein, and a good amount of iron, vitamins, and minerals. There are also countless different ways to prepare eggs. One cooking method that's often overlooked, however, is boiling. Hard and soft boiled eggs are versatile ways to prepare eggs, and you can do so much more with them than just eat them plain. These 14 hard (and soft) boiled egg recipes will give you taste and variety for days. 

1. Deviled Eggs

cream, egg, milk, deviled eggs, dairy product
Stephanie Cozza

We're starting with a classic: deviled eggs. This dish is quick, tasty and (seemingly) fancy; perfect for a night alone or with friends.

2. Buddha Bowl

pasta, chicken, noodle, vegetable, rice
Hannah Cather

This Thai-inspired dish requires three ingredients: veggies, a starch, and a protein. While many Buddha bowls are sweet, this savory option is delectable with the addition of a hard boiled egg.

3. Avocado Toast

This simple delicacy is a crowd favorite. And luckily eggs are cheap, so millennials can afford their avocado toast and eat it, too. 

4. Niçoise Salad

You can boil your eggs at the beginning of the week and easily have a different salad each day. In addition to this Niçoise salad recipe, I really enjoy this Cobb salad and this Chef salad.

5. Ramen

ramen, soup, vegetable, noodle, pasta, broth
Giovanni Crystal

The ingredients in this dish are so cheap, they practically buy themselves. Turn your ramen into a real meal with a hard or soft boiled egg on the side.

6. Avocado Egg Salad

vegetable, lettuce, salad, herb, guacamole
Paige Marie Rodgers

Whether you eat it with vegetables, in a wrap, or on a sandwich, this egg salad is quick to whip up and delicious. Using avocado instead of mayo makes this dish a little healthier and more filling.

7. Boiled Egg and Soldiers

Make breakfast fun with this British classic. Simply soft boil an egg and dip toast into the soft yoke. Pair with a banana or another piece of fruit for a well-rounded meal.

8. Pork Wrapped Egg and Rice Balls

Nikumaki onigiri is a Japanese dish consisting of soft boiled eggs wrapped in rice and pork belly and then fried. Think of this meal as a unique take on your favorite eggs and bacon.

9. Potato Salad

Potato salad doesn't have to be bland. Add some flavor with paprika and pickle relish for a dish you actually want to pull out of your lunchbox. You can also try this warm German version, which uses spicy brown mustard for an added kick. 

10. French Snack Tray

Feeling peckish? Having some friends over? Try a French snack tray with aioli, veggies, bread, shrimp, and boiled eggs. If you're on a tight budget, skip the shrimp and other meats and stick to heartier vegetables like steamed asparagus.

11. Chicken Rice Porridge

Chicken rice porridge goes by many names, including arroz caldolugaw, and pospas. Whatever you call it, this dish is basically chicken soup on steroids and is perfect for when you're feeling under the weather.

12. Egg Curry Tikka Masala

Put a spin on traditional tikka masala with this egg curry tikka masala. Not only does this work for Meatless Monday, but it's a great way to use up leftover hard boiled eggs as well.

13. Bacon and Egg Casserole

Make any meal special with a touch of this fancy comfort food. This recipes uses store-bought puff pastry to cut down on prep time, and is hearty enough to feed a crowd. 

Eggs are used in just about every culture's cooking, showing just how versatile they can be. In this list alone we covered American, British, Filipino, French, Indian, Thai, German, and Japanese dishes. Needless to say, boiled egg recipes are a dime a dozen—you just have to choose which one you want to try first.