There are some weekends when you have spent the days off chowing down on thin crust pizza, a bag of Cheetos, and a pint of ice-cream. But come Monday, you feel like you need to eat a little healthier and save a little money (money spent on the weekend doesn't count, right?). That's where lentils come in. They're cheap and healthy. 

Lentils are high in fiber; one cup of lentils provides you with 63 percent of your daily value of fiber. They also give you energy, help lower your cholesterol, are good for your heart, and are also a good source of protein and carbohydrates. So, here's how you can reap all the benefits of this legume, with 11 recipes and ways to eat lentils for every single meal. 

1.  Lentil Salad

Tara Shooshani

This lentil salad is not only a healthy way to begin your meal but it's also easy to make. It literally, screams superfoods because of its mix of quinoa and kale. 

2. Lentil Sloppy Joes

Jody Brimacombe

Whoever said burgers cannot be healthy was completely wrong. Since, this BBQ lentil sloppy joe is packed with protein, fiber, and veggies. It's one of the best ways to incorporate lentils in every meal. 

3. Sweet Potato Lentil Soup 

sauce
Sarah Silbiger

A warm soup paired with a side of crispy bread is an unbeatable combination. So, the next time you cannot decide whether to go for a basic tomato soup or a classic butternut squash soup, try this sweet potato lentil soup that is truly divine.

4. Black Lentil Tacos 

cheese, dairy product, bread, herb, parsley, vegetable
Megan Schellong

These black lentil tacos will make you wish that every day is Taco Tuesday. The cheesy feta, the spicy adobo sauce, and sweetness of honey all come together to make a dish you will not be able to stop eating. 

5. Lentil Hummus 

sweet, cream, hummus, vegetable
Paige Twombly

If you thought a creamy hummus couldn't get any better, you should try this lentil hummus that is both tasty and smooth. Lentil hummus, along with carrot sticks or some pita, will make you want to eat lentils for every meal. 

6. Lentil Walnut Salad 

vegetable, legume, corn, tomato, parsley, pea, salad, pepper, onion, garbanzo
Lauren Peller

This lentil walnut salad will make all the health nuts literally go nuts. With an array of vegetables that range from Brussels sprouts to cabbage, a light dressing, and a large dose of superfoods, this salad couldn't get any healthier. 

7. Cozy Butternut, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Stew 

On those rainy days when you want a hearty meal you can turn to this cozy butternut, sweet potato and red lentil stew.  Not only will it keep you full for a while, but the creaminess of the butternut squash will keep you very satisfied. 

8. Vegan Lasagna Soup 

For all the vegans who miss the simple pleasures of a cheesy lasagna, they can try this vegan lasagna soup. The true MVP in this soup is the vegan pesto ricotta. 

9. Lentil Burger

meat, beef, pork
Marina Wollmann

When you are trying to eat healthy, but are also craving a juicy burger, you can turn to this lentil burger. The bold flavors of the distinct ingredients all come together so well, making it a real treat. 

10. Lentil Bowl  

Move over Açaí bowl and poke bowl because the lentil bowl is where it's at. This healthy dish is a culmination of lentil and red rice with basil, walnuts, and red cabbage, topped off with a dash of lemon tahini dressing. Yum!

11. Asparagus with Crispy Lentils and Fried Egg 

dairy product, fried egg, egg
Maggie Gorman

Asparagus with crispy lentils and a fried egg is the ultimate brunch food. This dish also has an abundance of various flavors from the brown butter asparagus to tangy sweet balsamic dressing.

So, the next time you are looking to eat a healthy yet wholesome meal, remember that you can turn to a few of these lentil recipes. Not only are they delectable, but they're cheap and are sure to fuel you up for whatever your day brings.