Whenever you think about the summer months, grilling is usually something that comes to mind. There's no better way to enjoy a meal during those hot days outside than straight off the grill. Grilling is a healthier way to cook as opposed to deep-frying or pan-searing, but it can be hard to come up with easy and healthy grilling recipes. Do not fret—here is a list of some recipes you should try out this summer.

1. Grilled Chicken Pineapple Bowl

pineapple, salad, egg
Caroline Knight

The combination of fruit, chicken and rice all served in a pineapple bowl screams summer. The chicken and pineapple complement each other perfectly and the pineapple bowl adds some fun to your dinner. This is also a painless way to get those servings of fruit and veggies you need every day out of the way. 

2. Ginger-Sriracha Turkey Burgers

gif
Emmy Daniels

There's no better way to spice up a burger than with some Sriracha. These burgers rival what you can get at McDonald's as they are bursting with spicy flavor. Bring these to your next BBQ and prepare to have your taste buds thanking you with every bite.

3. Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese

meat, sauce, pastry, sweet, cake, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese
Paige Marie Rodgers

This grilled cheese uses cauliflower as the bread instead of actual sliced bread. This means you can have your grilled cheese and your veggie servings all rolled up into one amazing sandwich.

4. Late-Summer Grilled Vegetable Salad

corn
Layla Gegout

Salads are sometimes considered boring; this salad is anything but. Grilling the vegetables adds an extra layer of flavor to the salad and the honey dressing ties the entire salad together. The mixture of raw and cooked vegetables creates an interesting texture as well.

5. Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

cheese, spinach, vegetable
Olivia Sandusky

This recipe is for the vegetarians out there. While other people have grilled meats at a barbecue, this stuffed portobello mushroom is a great substitute. Grilled portobellos are commonly used as burger substitutes, however, this recipe takes it to the next level by adding spinach and cheese to the mushroom.

6. Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice

Nothing says healthy like some grilled salmon and avocado. This recipe combines the two nutritious favorites to form a delicious meal. The avocado-mango salsa adds a good kick to the grilled salmon and the rice provides carbs for fuel.

7. Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers

tomato, hamburger, lettuce, cheese
Angela Kerndl

The humble veggie burger is taken to the next level with this recipe. The black beans provide the protein component while the sweet potatoes provide servings of vegetables and the burger even contains quinoa for some grain servings. All of these food groups come together in one burger and form the perfect meal. 

8. Grilled Sesame Asian Shrimp and Vegetables

shrimp, mango, salsa
Sophie Rodosky

This shrimp combines Asian flavors with the taste of grilled shrimp. The taste is similar enough to take out that it can satisfy those cravings. Grilled shrimp mixes up your summer grilling routine—nobody wants to get in a rut and cook burgers every single time.

9. Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls

The combination of bruschetta and chicken combines an appetizer and main course together to form one meal. The addition of the zucchini noodles provides a pasta-like feel without actually having to eat pasta.

10. Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers

This is another case of mushrooms replacing meat in a meal. These skewers are packed with so much flavor you won't even notice that it's basically just mushrooms on a stick. This meal would be great at any summer cookout.

11. Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken

Grilled chicken is a classic healthy barbecue staple, and this recipe improves on it even further by adding Greek herbs and lemon to the grilled chicken. It turns ordinary grilled chicken into something more exciting. This would taste great served with a side of Greek salad for a healthy meal.

Eating healthy can be difficult sometimes, however, cooking outside on the grill makes it easier. The grill itself improves the taste of the food without needing to add an excessive amount of butter or oil. These healthy grilling recipes are guaranteed to make your summer barbecue a little tastier and healthier.