Disclaimer for all you Americans out there: autumn is the word we Europeans use to refer to fall in British English. It actually pains me to be already talking about autumn, but we have to face the harsh reality that, at least in Amsterdam, we won't be seeing much of the sun for a pretty long time. So to help us hold on to the warm weather a little longer, we felt that eating our feelings away with a late-summer salad was the perfect solution. 

To help us out, we got inspiration from another recipe, and decided to add our own twist to it. Adding a grilled peach was definitely one of the best additions to the salad. From it came an incredible caramelized taste, and from the honey dressing came the perfect amount of sweetness. Somehow, the grilled corn left us with the aftertaste of popcorn.

Needless to say, it didn't take much time for us both to finish up all of the salad, which was probably enough to have fed four to five people. If you're looking to cozy up with a summer-like dish, then this salad should be at your next meal.

Late-Summer Grilled Vegetable Salad

• 1 ear corn
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 handful cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1 apple
  • 1 aubergine
  • 1/2 courgette
  • 1 peach
  • Olive oil
  • 1 handful sunflower seeds
  • 1 handful pumpkin seeds
Layla Gegout

Shuck the corn on the cob. Chop up the aubergine, courgette, and peach. Cook all of these in a pre-heated and oiled grill pan for 20-30 minutes.

Layla Gegout

Spread the seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes at 180°C.

Layla Gegout

Chop up the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and apple.

Gif by Layla Gegout

Scoop the avocado flesh out of its skin and cut it up into small pieces. Shave the corn off of the cob.

Layla Gegout

Toss all the cooked vegetables into the salad bowl, and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Add the raw vegetables, and top with seeds and dressing.

Layla Gegout

Honey Dressing

• Cook Time:0

• 5 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 dash pepper
Layla Gegout

Put all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake everything together. The measurements are very approximate, so you can adjust them to taste.

Layla Gegout