Chocolate chips are undoubtedly one of the greatest ingredients ever created.  When I heard that National Chocolate Chip Day was on May 15th, I knew there was a big celebration coming. Small enough that you don't feel like you're over eating, but just the right size to satisfy your sweet tooth.  What's not to love?

Although I am definitely one to eat these tiny treats by the handful, here are some awesome chocolate chip recipes that you can make in honor of this day.

1. Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie

cookie, chocolate, goody, sweet, cake, pastry, chocolate cookie, candy
Scott Harrington

You truly can't go wrong with an ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie.  It's crazy to think that this tasty dessert was actually created by accident a long time ago.  Probably the best mistake someone has ever made.

2. Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

muffin, candy, goody, pastry, cake, chocolate, cookie, sweet
Kirby Barth

Start off National Chocolate Chip Day the right way with these versatile, healthy, and delicious muffins. A must-try in the breakfast department.

3. Chocolate Chip Caramel Peanut Butter Bars

brownie, cookie, chocolate
Emily Gordon

The name of these says it all.  Make these bars ahead of time and hand them out to people on May 15th to spread the chocolate chip love.

4. White Chocolate Chip Matcha Cookies

dairy product, sweet, milk, cream, chocolate
Vernell Dunams

All forms of chocolate chips should be treated equally, including white chocolate, which is a top favorite of mine. If you like your chocolate on the sweeter and more sugary side, these white chocolate matcha cookies are for you.  Don't knock 'em until you try 'em.

5. Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

cookie, chocolate, cake, dough
Rachel Harbut

I am constantly running into a problem where one cookie is just not enough to satisfy me.  Well, I am also here to tell you that this problem can be easily solved with a skillet cookie.  One of these chocolate chip loaded cookies is perfect if you're looking for just one dessert. 

6. Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

peanut butter, oatmeal cookie, peanut, granola, chicken, chocolate, oatmeal
Marina Wollmann

Vegan, gluten free, and healthy may not sound like dessert, but trust me on this one.  I make these banana chocolate chip cookies weekly and never regret it.  Enjoy for breakfast, snack, or dessert, or just because.

7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

chocolate, milk, candy, sweet, cream, milk chocolate
Izzi Clark

We've all been told to not eat the raw cookie dough from the bowl because it was "dangerous", but here's a solution.  Check out these insane raw cookie dough bites that are safe to eat and a perfect grab-n-go treat.

8. S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

sweet, cake, pastry, chocolate, cookie, oatmeal cookie
Rebecca Block

As the weather gets a little warmer, maybe you can even host a National Chocolate Chip Day campfire and celebrate with these cookies. The perfect combination of a classic summer snack and yummy cookies will leave you wanting s'more.

9. Personal Chocolate Chip Cookie

wheat, bread, candy, goody, cake, pastry, chocolate, cookie, sweet
Meredith Ross

It's probably been a long year, and you deserve nothing more than a big cookie all to yourself.  This personal cookie is easy to make and takes basically no time at all to make.

10. Brookies

cookie, chocolate
Lauren Peller

When it comes down to it, all of these recipes are amazing... how could you possibly choose just one?  Try this brownie and chocolate chip cookie hybrid to enjoy the best of both worlds

If you didn't know, then now you know. National Chocolate Chip Day (May 15th) is one to celebrate. Whether it's cookies, muffins, or any other desserts, it's not hard to find the perfect recipe to enjoy on this special day.