Graduation is quickly approaching, and before you even have time to think about it, you'll be in the terrifying "real world"; But before you begin to panic about that, we should talk about what really matters – AKA, where you're going to eat for the celebratory dinner. 

Now that your parents are finally in town and want to eat some good food, you should take advantage of the opportunity and try some of the best eats in the Hub City. To help you do this, I've created a guide to the best restaurants around lubbock for graduation dinner.  Whether you've got a huge group, or just you and the 'rents, LBK has the perfect place for you and your family.

Harrigans Bar and Grill

If you want to go back to the 1920's, this little hole-in-the-wall place is just for you. It's good for big or small groups with a variety of tastes. 

Location: 3827 50th St, Lubbock, TX 79413 

Take Reservations? Yes

Price: $$-$$$

Cuisine: American 

Perfect for: New and cozy atmosphere 

50 Yard-line Steakhouse 

If you want to leave your graduation dinner so full you can't walk, then go to 50 Yard-Line Steakhouse. On the outside this place may look like an old bowling alley, but it's far from it. Don't judge a book by it's cover, right? And this is one damn good book. 

Location: 2549 S Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79423

Take Reservations? Yes

Price: $$-$$$

Cuisine: American, Steakhouse 

Perfect for: Great steak, big groups, lots of food

SpoonTip: They're famous for their homemade cheese rolls and blueberry muffins. So definitely give them a try.

Double Nickel Steakhouse

Yes, there are two steakhouse's on this list because I couldn't decided which one was best. Yet another hidden gem of Lubbock, Double Nickel is the perfect place for an intimate night or a small group of family. The ambiance of this place is contagious and you'll leave here feeling like you can take on the world – or maybe you'll want to curl up and go to sleep you'll be so full. 

Location: 5405 Slide Rd, Lubbock, TX 79414

Take reservations? Yes

Price: $$$$

Cuisine: American, Steakhouse 

Perfect for: A fancy night out

Fun Fact: The woman who owns this establishment also owns Spanky's on University, so you'll get one of those famous cheese-sticks with every meal.

La Diosa Wine Cellars 

I may be biased towards this restaurant since I studied abroad in Spain last summer, but I absolutely love it. La Diosa is a great place for a small group of friends or family, but it's not the place you want to go if you have a huge group. Unless you want to feel cramped. The atmosphere is so laid back, definitely something you'll want after going through 4 years of college. 

Location: 901 17th St, Lubbock, TX 79401

Take reservations? Yes

Price: $$-$$$

Cuisine: Mediterranean, Wine Bar, Spanish

Perfect for: Making your parents feel hip and trendy

SpoonTip: If you happen to still be here the first Sunday of next month, try out their famous Jazz Brunch! It only happens once a month, so it must be good. 

West Table

Did you know Kliff Kingsbury has been seen eating here a few times? So if it's good enough for him, it must be dang good for everyone else. This upscale, but low-key restaurant is great for a big group if you can make reservations early. From what I've heard, everything is amazing so you can't really go wrong. They offer seasonal dishes, so the menu is always changing. 

Location: 1204 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79401

Take reservations: Yes

Cuisine: New American

Price: $$$$

Perfect for: Seasonal upscale dining 

Pecan Grill at The Overton Hotel 

Spoon TTU has had the chance to get a close look at The Pecan Grill's ever-changing brunch menu – read about our experience here – but they're also very famous for their dinner menu as well. The Pecan Grill is all about giving the customer a valuable and memorable experience, and with a staff as friendly as this one, you can expect to be completely satisfied. 

Location: 2322 Mac Davis Ln, Lubbock, TX 79401

Take Reservations? Yes

Cuisine: American, Southwestern

Price: $$-$$$

Perfect for: Local cuisine, bar scene, big groups

Stellas 

If you have traveled down 50th street you may not even realize you've passed a few amazing restaurants, one of those being Stella's. It's another hidden gem that deserves some recognition, and if you can snag a table, it's a must-try. 

Location: 4646 50th St, 50th and Utica, Lubbock, TX 79414

Take reservations? Yes

Cuisine: Italian, American

Price: $$-$$$

Perfect for: Romantic night, great cocktails

SpoonTip: If you go here, get a martini. You may not think you're a "martini" person, but you will be after eating here. 

Italian Garden 

Oh Italian Garden, how I love you so. This establishment is famous for it cheap, but high-quality Italian food – best in Lubbock if I do say so myself. Their garlic rolls will make you forget all about Olive Garden – but here's why those taste so good – and every dish is will take you to straight to Italy. 

Location: 1215 Ave J, Lubbock, Texas, TX 79401

Take reservations? No, first come first serve (so book it there right after graduation if you want a table)

Cuisine: Italian 

Price: $$

Perfect for: Large groups, dining on a budget

SpoonTip: This is a BYOB establishment so bring some great wine to go with your pasta.

Triple J Chophouse and Brew Co.

Looking for some real down-home cooking? Triple J Chophouse and Brew Co. has everything you could ask for and then some. They are Lubbock's only brew pub and there is live music every night of the week. It's a comfortable atmosphere and great place to take a group of family or friends.

Location: 1807 Buddy Holly Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79409

Take reservations? Yes

Cuisine: American

Price: $$-$$$

Perfect for: Local craft beer

The Funky Door Bistro Wine Room

Looking for a more relaxed atmosphere? Head over to The Funky Door Bistro Wine Room for some local wine and amazing fondue pairings. Their menu is seasonal, but always good. Once again, they have live music every night, and you don't want miss out on their Jazz Brunch on Sunday's. 

Location: 6045 82nd St, Suite 2, Lubbock, TX 79424

Take reservations? Yes

Cuisine: European, Wine bar

Price: $$ - $$$

Perfect for: Feeling like a true wine connoisseur 

Spoontip: If you're ever feeling really fancy, they have "Martini Madness" every Thursday night.

Cafe J

Chances are, this place is already completely reserved, but hey you may get lucky. Conveniently located right across from Texas Tech, this little place is great for all special occasions. If you can't get a table for dinner, try getting one for brunch the next day. It's one you can't miss out on. I mean, just look at that picture. 

Location: 2605 19th St, Lubbock, TX 79410

Take reservations? Yes

Cuisine: American, International

Price: $$-$$$

Perfect for: Special occasions, large groups, and good martini's 

Rain Uptown Ristorante  

If you're craving an authentic Italian meal after walking across that stage, look no further than Rain Uptown. From house made pastas and hand cut dry aged beef, to seafood flown in three times a week, this establishment insures only the freshest and highest quality products are served and you'll be able to taste the difference.

Location: 5217 98th St, Suite 600, Lubbock, TX 79424

Take reservations? Yes

Cuisine: Italian, American, Seafood

Price: $$-$$$

Perfect for: Feeling classy and cultured 

BushHogs  

If you're looking for a new and different setting, and not just a typical sit-down restaurant, Bush Hog's is the place for you and your family. It has a great outdoor sitting area, and live music is played every weekend. It's a great place to get a beer and relax after finishing these four – give or take – years in college. 

Location: 16202 TX-493 Loop, Lubbock, TX 79423

Take reservations? No

Cuisine: Southern Comfort 

Price: $

Perfect for: Southern soul food, families with kids

So, still don't think there's a place you can get a reservation? Even if you don't go to any of these places for your graduation dinner, you should definitely put them on your Lubbock bucket list because they're all worth a visit. 

Now go out and conquer the adult world, and let them know Spoon University helped you out along the way. 

Looking for more great places in Lubbock? Check out this article about the best places to eat in the Hub City, no matter what you're craving.