When you hear the term Guadalajara, you may find yourself thinking of a city in Mexico. That's what I found myself doing when I was first told the name of where I would be headed for dinner on Friday night. But boy, was I wrong. If you've been in Tucson, you may have heard of this Guadalajara, known to locals as, "Guads", a Mexican Grill that hits the spot in all the right ways. Located on Prince Rd., this one-of-a-kind establishment is sure to become one of your favorites in no time.

Let's talk atmosphere-this place is poppin'. You walk in and it's everything you expect a typical Mexican restaurant to look like; yellow walls, typical adobe-style build, and colorful paintings decorating the walls. The restaurant even has a mariachi band playing as you gorge yourself on endless chips. Be sure you go on an empty stomach, because this place isn't stingy with the salsa. The salsa is not only served in a bowl that could probably fit a small child (only a minor exaggeration), but it is handmade table-side and the customer is given the ability to customize it to their own taste. A tip from my experience: make it spicy.

A must order for anyone who goes to Guadalajara is the queso. It's a pan full of gooey, cheesy, stringy delight that everyone will love.

The menu is chock full of options for everyone who visits. From taquitos to tacos, fajitas to burritos, there's something for everyone. Burritos can even be made into chimichangas if you're feeling brave.

beans, rice, burrito
Avery Romano

There is also an entire vegetarian menu for those who don't eat meat, including the "guaco-tacos", every avocado lover's dream come true. These are tacos that come with a massive serving of guac buried underneath cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, along with a side of beans and rice. 

tacos, guacamole, salsa, chicken
Avery Romano

And the seafood fajitas? To die for, and brought out with clouds of steam rising from the pile of veggies on the platter.

shrimp
Avery Romano

Plus, almost all the food comes with a free side of guac included. Chipotle who?

If you're of age, you even have the ability to order margaritas that will blow your mind. They range in size from 16 to 32 ounces. For size comparison, a 32 ounce margarita is the size of a treinta Starbucks cup and a quart of milk. You can even add prickly pear to your margarita, which is just so Arizona.

In short, go to Guadalajara. You'll walk out with a full stomach and no regrets. What more do you need?