Sure, Disney World in Florida may be best known for its four amazing theme parks, but it also serves up some killer food. I experienced some unique eats during a visit for the annual International Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT and at other locations in the parks and resorts. Get ready to fall in love with Disney all over again with these different eats.

Cinnamon Roll

cinnamon roll, chocolate, cake, cream
Emily Lyons

Head over to Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom for this delicious sweet treat. But be advised: this bad boy is big enough to serve as a full meal. This cinnamon roll may look super thick but it has a fluffy consistency that makes you want to finish the whole thing. The best part, though, has to be the layer of vanilla frosting and caramel drizzle at the top. All Disney pros know that the best cinnamon roll around comes from Gaston's Tavern.

Frushi

crab, sushi, shrimp, lobster
Emily Lyons

One of my favorite snacks from this trip was found in EPCOT at Japan's outdoor food vendor Hanami. This fruity take on sushi consisted of pineapple, strawberry, and melon rolled with raspberry coconut rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut, drizzled with raspberry sauce and served with whipped cream on the side. This 'Frushi' dish was fun and creative and was one of the tastiest snacks I came across in Disney. 

Deviled Eggs

cheddar, egg, cheese, bacon
Emily Lyons

Before going to Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' restaurant in Disney Springs I had never tried deviled eggs. The restaurant is most known for its southern inspired fried chicken but I found this appetizer to be just as delicious. It came with six eggs that were almost whole except for a small part at the top that was sliced off for the filling. The eggs were garnished with crispy prosciutto and chives which completed the dish. These deviled eggs exceeded my expectations which has landed them a spot on this list. 

Frozen Violet Lemonade

smoothie
Emily Lyons

Another favorite amongst the Disney Crowds was this frozen violet lemonade. It was also in EPCOT as part of the International Flower and Garden Festival. This was the perfect drink on a hot day and was sweeter and more decadent than regular lemonade. The consistency wasn't thick enough to need a spoon so it still felt like a drink and not a dessert. The purple color was also a plus too.

Authentic Bavarian Pretzel

cake, sweet, chocolate
Emily Lyons

The typical Mickey Pretzel might come to mind when one thinks about soft pretzels at Disney, but the best pretzel option is found in EPCOT's Germany. This authentic Bavarian pretzel was bigger than my head so it served as a great snack to share. It was perfectly chewy and had a great taste. This pretzel had just the right amount of salt and blew the standard Mickey Pretzel out of the water.

7 Cheese Macaroni

pasta, macaroni, cheese
Emily Lyons

There are plenty of mac n cheese dishes all throughout Disney World, but the most unique one comes from an unsuspecting restaurant. This macaroni and cheese is made with seven types of cheeses, cavatappi pasta, and a breadcrumb crust. You can find it at the restaurant Paddlefish in Disney Springs, which is most known for its extensive seafood menu. Although this dish is considered a side, it is big enough and decadent enough to steal the meal.  

Wheat Berry Salad

spinach, salad, arugula
Emily Lyons

Another great Paddlefish dish is their wheat berry salad. Healthy food can be a little hard to come by in Disney World so this salad is a nice change. It is made with arugula, wheat berry and a variety of vegetables topped with a lemon vinaigrette. This dish is light and incorporates a lot of different textures and flavors that make it a very tasty salad. The wheat berry adds a unique element that helped this salad earn its spot on my list.

Crispy Brussels Sprouts

wine, cheese
Emily Lyons

Yet another unique side dish from Paddlefish are these crispy brussels sprouts. The sprouts come out super crispy, tossed in sweet chili aioli, mixed with pancetta, and topped with shaved parmesan cheese. I am a huge brussels sprouts fan so whenever I see them on the menu I have to try them out. These brussels sprouts are among the best I've ever tried and they are certainly the best at Disney World. They serve as a unique side and an immensely tasty twist on your typical vegetable dish.

Tartine Aux Fromages

chicken, french onion soup, soup
Emily Lyons

This is anything but your average grilled cheese. The base is country bread smeared with tomato sauce and topped with swiss, parmesan, and goat cheese. The cheese blend is amazing and the parmesan cheese becomes perfectly crispy on the edges of the bread. The tomato sauce adds a nice element and texture to the dish. This french take on a classic grilled cheese can be found at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in EPCOT and it is something you do not want to miss.

House Salad

foie gras, lettuce, salad
Emily Lyons

Usually a house salad is the most standard salad on a restaurant's menu. However, this house salad at the California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort is anything but standard. It's made with iceberg lettuce, radishes, tomato meringue, maple bacon, basil leaves, and it all sits atop a hearty smear of avocado. The salad isn't the only unique thing in this restaurant. Since the California Grill is on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort it offers stunning views of the parks and surrounding resorts. At nighttime they also open up two outside decks that provide amazing views of Magic Kingdom's fireworks show.

Disney continues to incorporate creative twists on classic food year after year. Foodie's might not consider Disney World the place to go to find unique food, but these four dishes prove otherwise.