A good salad goes a long way these days. But do you ever find yourself struggling to find a salad that is actually worth eating? Some are too boring by not adding enough ingredients (like veggies or croutons), while others add far too many mix-ins and you can barely pick out one flavor. If you're on the west coast, San Diego is must see and while you are there I have found where the best salads in San Diego are.

Sunny San Diego makes it the perfect place to enjoy salads year-round. Where exactly should you go, you ask? Well, let me be the one to tell you. Sure, you could get a salad at almost any restaurant, but there's no guarantee that it will be any good. So here's a few suggestions on salads that are worth your money during your San Diego salad adventure. 

1. Big Front Door 

Who says a deli shop can't have a decent salad? Well, Big Front Door is making a name for itself with its salads. It's the perfect place to go if you want fresh ingredients and quality service. If you're dining with someone who isn't into salads, this place lets you both get what you want (when it comes to your food, at least). 

2. Bushfire Kitchen 

This eatery strives to bring the most organic and nutritious food to its customers - and that brings about a pretty good salad. Natural and fresh ingredients give the salads a unique flavor that is hard to beat. These salads will leave you wanting more. Trust me, you'll be back. 

3. Urbane Cafè

When a restaurant is family owned, you know it's going to be good. That's the case when it comes to Urbane Cafè. There's so many unique options when it comes to salads here that you won't know which one to try first. I guess that's an excuse for you to come back. 

4. Cafè Secret 

I think the name says it all - this restaurant has some secrets on the menu that you have to try to understand. You might think it's strange at first, but once you try a salad you'll be on board. Jump out of your comfort zone and try something new, you might just like it. If you're looking for one to try, I recommend the Quinoa Mediterranea - you won't regret it. 

5. Healthy Creations 

With a name like Healthy Creations, there's no way you could go wrong. Don't worry if you're vegan, paleo or vegetarian because this restaurant caters to all of those special diet restrictions. You won't be compromising any of the flavor because everything will taste just as good. It'll leave you wanting more. 

6. Slater's 50/50 

Okay, so this technically isn't a picture of a salad and Slater's 50/50 is known for their burgers. But let me tell you that the salad's here are something worth trying. Slater's is as creative as it gets and decided to make a salad out of a bacon cheeseburger - and it tastes as good as it sounds. 

7. Bristol Farms La Jolla

Just because this is a grocery store, doesn't mean they can't have a good salad. In fact, you'll get to take your pick between making your own salad at the salad bar or ordering one at the cafe. And then once your finished eating, you can go buy more food to eat later (or now, I don't judge). 

8. Tender Greens 

If you're trying to be healthy, then this is the place for you. You have a choice between a handful of different salads that are all packed with flavor and fresh ingredients. And if you need to have something with your salad, then grab a sandwich for the side. 

9. Salad Style 

You eat a salad because you want to be healthy, right? Don't let that healthiness take away any flavor the salad may have. Salad Style offers delicious salads that will satisfy your tastebuds. And don't worry, there's something here for everyone - no matter what they're in the mood for. 

10. T. Deli 

After seeing this picture, I don't think there's much more I can say to convince you - bacon on a salad kind of seals the deal. This isn't the only salad that will catch your eye, all of their salads look as good as they taste. If you like avocado, then there's a salad here for you, too. 

11. Greenspot Salad Company 

This is the perfect go-to for any salad lover. There's so many options at Greenspot that you'll be able to find a salad that satisfies your taste buds. And if your in a rush, then just order online and pick it up - it's as simple as that. 

Salads are the thing to eat these days and it seems like San Diego has quite a few options. You'd be lying if you said these places don't have the best salads in San Diego. If you've never been to any of these places before, it's time to give them a try.