It’s no secret that BBQ is a Southern staple and if you’re a fan of House of Cards, you know that Frank Underwood is a classy, Southern man who enjoys his Southern staples. Frank Underwood, from Netflix’s House of Cards, frequently haunts Freddy’s BBQ for his killer ribs and low-key atmosphere – it’s an ideal shady meeting spot in the show.

Frank takes his barbeque seriously and IU Spoon does too. So, to celebrate Frank’s great tastes and the season 3 premier, coming out February 27th, we’re giving you the scoop on Bloomington’s best BBQ joint, Smokin’ Jack’s Rib Shack. The atmosphere at Smokin’ Jack’s is loads cozier than Freddy’s, but if you’re keen to stay on your couch to watch every second of the season 3 premier, don’t worry. They deliver with Mr. Delivery and BTownMenus.

bbq

Photo by Karen O’Brien

Smokin’ Jack’s has been providing Bloomington with home-style, smoked grub for over 25 years. They pride themselves on having “the best ribs in town” and they’re not kidding. Even if ribs aren’t your thing, the chicken dinner and pulled pork entrees are fall-apart-in-your-mouth good. Not only that, but their corn muffins and their mac & cheese are something to write home about.

bbq

Photo by Karen O’Brien

If you’re a student: Tuesdays or Wednesdays are the best days to go. Get 25% off on Tuesday with your student ID or ribs for a $1.50 each on Wednesday.

average

Location:  505 West 17th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday 11am – 9pm, Closed Sunday

Still looking to chow down? Try these other local favorites: