Delhi Metro, being a means of cheap and safe transport, has become a part and parcel of our lives and we all need food as a reason to pep up our monotonous and hectic lives by going on quaint coffee dates, crunchy-munchy lunch dates or just serene dinners with our buddies.

Hence, metro and food make the best pair to bring together a world full of just food-ing around while we are on the move to rush to our destinations.

Huda Metro Park provides abundant options where you can tickle your taste buds before you prepare yourself to tussle and reach your final destination from one of the busiest metro stations in Delhi NCR–Huda City Centre Metro Station.

Here’s what all you can gorge on to have a scrumptious metro ride:

1. Chai Point

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Paavani Jain

“Indians Run On Tea” being the slogan of this small and simple outlet located behind the Huda Metro Park evokes a sense of desi-ness in our minds.

If you are craving those snacky bites of samosas and vadapaos with a cup of piping hot tea, then this place is bang for the buck. The masala chai is a must try for the tea addicts.

After all, a lot can happen over a cup of chai, our ‘desi’ drink, too.

2. Fruit Inbox

Are you a health freak? Are you following a diet regime?

If yes, then Fruit Inbox is what health conscious foodies can resort to. This youthful, vibrant and pocket friendly stall set up right next to Giani’s serves varieties of fresh salads, sandwiches, smoothies and shakes to satiate.

The flavours and condiments used in the dishes are so homely—common salt and chat masala, and no added preservatives.

Mexican fruit stack, mayo salad, summer fruit salad, health combo, cold coffee, kiwi lassi and many more are the must-try whenever you visit next.

3. Giani’s

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Paavani Jain

“I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.”

Giani’s is definitely a go-to place for all the ice cream lovers who love to gorge on to those creamy and nutty scoops of happiness.

The taste of those scrumptious kulfis melting or the succulent sips of sodas and fruit shakes is more than enough to elevate your mood and refresh your gloomy days.

Imagine cool, creamy fruit ice creams drenched with a shot of strawberry syrup, filled to the top with chocolate crunchies and piled high with jelly sprinkles. These blend with the flavours of warm, gooey chocolate sauce to make an indulgent summer treat.

The ‘Kuch Nahi Sundae’ is a must try.

4. Chicago Pizza

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Paavani Jain

This place is for those who prefer quality over quantity. Here, you can buy pizza by slice in case you are not in the mood to eat an entire pizza. You must try the onion, capsicum and mushroom, and the pepperoni and jalapeno flavours.

As you would begin with the first bite with the crunch of the mouth watering lava of vegetable or the non-vegetable toppings sprinkled with oregano over the thin pizza crust—it’s heavenly! The sensation of melting and chewy mozzarella cradling with sauce and bread would sweep you off your feet.

5. Momo Cha

Momo Cha is an eatery which is not more than a kiosk at the Huda Metro Park.

It attracts a large number of foodies as it serves delicious evening snacks, soups and main course meals that can pep you up instantly by rejuvenating your taste buds. In line with its name, they do offer some finger-licking chilli momos which eases off all the stress.

6. JiJi

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Paavani Jain

Sweet tooth cravings find a solace here. JiJi is a paradise for dessert lovers as they provide with a luscious range of freshly baked cakes and pastries. The tiramisu cake, blueberry cheesecake and gateau are worth a drool as the frosting is done in a subtle way to strike a balance between cream and crunch.

The reverse of ‘stressed’ spells itself as ‘desserts.’ So now, whenever stress overtakes you, you know where to go.

7. Kung Fu Chow

Kung Fu Chow is a Chinese eatery which boasts of its pocket friendly combos. It does not fail to sizzle your taste buds with a a variety of authentic sizzlers, soups, dimsums and main course.

The intense flavours of China come alive in the dishes cooked in traditional sauces—manchurian sauce, schezwan sauce and hot garlic sauce. The use of authentic spices brings out a hot, spicy and chilli chinese dish on your plate, garnished with fried onions and tomatoes.

Chicken schezwan dimsum, four season dimsum, chilli chicken dry and mix veg devil sauce have exotic flavours that demand a try.

8. Nashta Paani

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Nashta Paani

In context with its name, this truck without wheels food-stall is a bang on to fill in your tummy with delectable breakfast. You can grab a few quick bites of wraps, rolls, sandwiches , potato wedges and much more at reasonable rate.

9. Eggers Madhouse

This eatery surely brings a smile on the faces of all the egg lovers out there. If you want to get floored by quite affordable and unconventional varieties of egg dishes, then you should definitely give this place a try.

Egg chomu is their most popular dish of grated eggs cooked with some unconventional Bombay spices to strike a perfect balance between northern and western spices. The dish renders a spicy tangy flavour when served with boiled eggs and salad.

After having all those lip-smacking egg dishes, this place serves you with the hippie pancakes which are warm and fluffy flat cakes of happiness. They are loaded with fruits, topped with scoops of Belgian ice cream, drizzled with maple-strawberry syrup and honey, coated with ice sugar and garnished with oodles of fresh cream.

10. Southys

Huda Metro Park

Photo by Paavani Jain

The aroma of banana leaves, coconut chutneys and peanut gun powder right at your beck escalates your cravings for south indian food. The menu offers everything–ranging from rasam papad to dosas and idlis to flavoured rice and much more.

The pocket friendly dishes carry a strong, authentic south Indian flavour in every bite you gulp down. So next time whenever you are in the mood for some south indian food,  you can definitely check this eatery out.

To know more about foods for all your moods, check these out: