Whether you're looking to treat yourself to a meal that reminds you of home, or have always wanted to try African cuisine, Overland Park's Taste of Africa is the place to be. They offer "homemade food that's both healthy and delicious". 

Menu 

The menu has a wide variety of options from samosas, stews, rice, fried plantain, and even several vegetarian options. They offer dishes from a number of countries in Africa, so each one has it's own unique flavor. 

Friendly Staff 

Words like "ugali", "chapali", and "sukumawiki" can be a bit intimidating, so if you don't know what something is don't be afraid to ask the staff! They'll be more than happy to help you out

My Personal Favorite

My favorite dish is the Lagos Delight-- it's a goat stew served with whole tilapia, rice, plantains, and salad. It reminds me of the times when my grandma would come visit us and make Nigerian food. The dish has an authentic and homey taste that is full of rich flavor.

Taste of Africa also offers a catering service so you can have authentic, homemade African food at your next gathering! Be sure to check out their Instagram @tasteofafrica_kc and their Facebook page!