Pickles are a classic food. Some people love them with grilled cheese and coleslaw while others like innovative pickle creations such as pickled beets and carrots. They have withstood every food trend in existence and are still everyone's favorite sour snack. Whether you want to check out an old school dive, or a trendy pickle shop, this list has all of the best pickles in NYC.

#SpoonTip: Check out this pickle map of the city so you can start planning your pickle crawl!

1. Jacob's Pickles

Jacob’s Pickles is the epitome of comfort food. From fried chicken to mac and cheese, they have it all, and, of course, they have pickles! They pickle cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes and more- they even pickle eggs. Everything they pickle is made in house. 

2. The Pickle Guys

The Pickle Guys is a gourmet pickle shop on the Lower East side. They pickle everything, from string beans to corn to pineapple. They are the last pickle shop left on Essex Street. If you want to be adventurous and try a crazy pickled creation, then this is the place for you. Even if Essex is a shlep, they ship nationwide.

3. Lucky Pickle Dumpling Co.  

From the same owners as Jacob’s Pickles, Lucky Pickle Dumpling Co. is a small dumpling shop on the Upper West Side that has pickle soft serve. Yes, pickle soft serve exists, and yes, it is actually amazing.

4. 2nd Floor at 2nd Avenue Deli

2nd Floor is the bar and essen (apparently it's the trendy way to say delicatessen) above the iconic 2nd Avenue Deli. They have a selection of “sours,” aka pickles, as well as some creative takes on classic Jewish foods. Those noshes include duck blintzes, franks in a blanket with everything bagel seeds, and pastrami popcorn.

5. Boulton and Watt

Boulton and Watt does it all. They have a fantastic brunch menu, a large bar, and a huge selection of pickles. Their pickle jar includes beets with black pepper and red wine vinegar, pineapple with habanero, mint and basil, and Kirby cucumber with house pickle brine. I like to think of these as fancy pickles.

6. Momofuku Noodle Bar

Although the menu changes daily, Momofuku Noodle Bar is constantly pickling. Their classic pickles are a standard on the menu, but they rotate new pickled items into dishes like Ginger scallion noodles with pickled shiitake, cucumber, and wakame. If you just want a hint of pickles in your dishes, then this is the place for you.

7. Russ and Daughters Cafe

Russ and Daughters Cafe is a sit-down restaurant outpost from the famous Russ and Daughters. They have all your favorite Jewish noshes, including pickles. Come here for a bagel and lox and some of their pickled veggies. 

8. Taim Falafel 

Taim means tasty in Hebrew and the name fits it well. It's an Israeli fast casual restaurant with multiple locations around NYC. You can fill your pita with fresh hummus and falafel as well as pickled toppings. I love how you can grab a quick meal on the go and get fresh, quality food as well

Now it's time to check out the best pickles in NYC! No matter how you like your sours, all of these places are a must.