It definitely hasn't hit me yet that we're in October of this year. Mentally, I'm stuck in March. So, a couple weeks ago I went on a little adventure to my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's, for a dose of serotonin. I can't even describe how happy I was when I stepped inside and smelled all the pumpkin, cinnamon, and lavender. It was definitely a little overwhelming since they have aisles and aisles of unique food, which is why I compiled a list of Trader Joe's fall fan favorites and my personal favorites. I've also included alternatives for most of the items in the descriptions in case you're not a huge fan of these flavors. 

But if you're looking for some autumnal flavors to SPICE (haha get it?) up your life, this is the guide for you. 

1. Pumpkin Pie Spice

TJ's has their spices nailed down. This Pumpkin Pie Spice is a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and more. Sprinkle it on your coffee in the morning or use it for baking instead of buying each of the spices individually. And if you're looking for another way to level up your morning coffee, I would also highly recommend the Chai Tea Latte Mix. Finally, if you're just looking for a coffee in general, definitely give the Autumn Maple Coffee beans a shot. 

2. Pumpkin Pancake Waffle Mix + Cinnamon Bun Spread

So this is a two-in-one because I'm trying to save space here. First, the Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix is one of my favorite items from TJ's. I usually buy 3 boxes of it so it can last me the whole year. They're really easy to whip up in the morning and require hardly any ingredients.

Second, the Cinnamon Bun Spread is one of the many fall spreads they sell (along with Cookie Butter which is another personal fave you can find year-round). You can use these as a topping on bread, bagels, croissants, cookies, and even your pumpkin waffles. 

3. Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese

Ok so I'll be honest, I haven't actually tried this one. But based on the opinions of literally everyone in the world, I can confidently say that it's delicious. It's a quick and easy comfort meal perfect for this time of year. 

4. Hearty Minestrone Soup

As it starts to get a little chiller, soup is a great wholesome and healthy snack. It's full of beans and veggies so you actually feel good about what you're eating. You can even add your own ingredients to cater it to your own taste. Pair this with a grilled cheese or quinoa salad and you've got your go-to lunch for this season. 

If this soup doesn't sound appealing to you, you can also check out the Garden Vegetable Soup or the Autumnal Harvest Soup. I haven't tried them myself but they're very popular. 

5. Spiced Cider

This is probably some of the best apple cider I've had. The sweet apples fused with the warm spices taste like fall in a bottle. You can drink it warm or cold, or mix it with other drinks to make a cocktail. 

6. Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Baking Mix

Just imagine yourself with a warm cup of hot chocolate by the fire with a pumpkin muffin by your side. Sounds dreamy, right? You're probably fine with getting any of TJ's baking mixes (shout out to the Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Mix), but this one is my personal favorite. You just need eggs, water, and a whisk, and they're hard to mess up even if you're an amateur. Try adding some chocolate chips or coat with icing/cinnamon bun spread for extra sweetness. 

7. Maple Pecan Clusters Cereal

This is such an underrated fall item but one of my favorites. It's crunchy, filling, and has pretty subtle hints of maple and honey. The saltier pecans and corn flakes complement the sweeter oat and nut clusters, providing you with the perfect way to start your morning (or to eat as a midnight snack like me). 

If nuts and oats aren't your jam, I would also recommend trying the Pumpkin-O's cereal. They look like little Cheerio's and are coated with a glaze of... you guessed it, pumpkin. I eat these plain as a snack almost every day and I'm not proud of it. 

8. Fall Leaf Corn Tortilla Chips

These are just plain old tortilla chips but the fact that they're shaped like leaves makes them taste 10x better. Dip them in some Harvest Chili also from TJ's and you're good to go. 

9. Pumpkin Ginger Hold the Cones

Name a better ice cream than Hold the Cone's, I'll wait. But seriously, if you haven't tried these you're missing out. They're not too sweet considering the white chocolate coating, they have the perfect texture and blend of flavors, and are a great size to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty. You can find them in multiple flavors year-round but there's definitely something special about the pumpkin ginger ones. 

10. Cookies

I know this is a broad category but there are so many delicious fall-flavored cookies that it's mostly up to personal preference. Here are some of my favorites: Pumpkin Spice Batons, Cocoa Baton Wafer Cookies, Soft Baked Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Flavored Joe-Joe's, Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies, Pumpkin Biscotti, and Maple Leaf Cookies. They're all VERY addicting so be careful! 

Hopefully this list was helpful in some way, as I tried to include something for everyone. Let me know your favorite Trader Joe's items and I'll be sure to try them out!