Spoon University Logo
shake shack fry pillow
shake shack fry pillow
News

You Should Be Snuggling With Shake Shack’s French Fry Pillow

French fries are a great snack to curl up on the couch with and munch on. Salty, easy to shove in your mouth, and…snuggly? Shake Shack certainly thinks so, because the fast food chain is taking its signature french fries out of the fryer and into your home by releasing a fry-shaped body pillow, the “Crinkle Cut Cuddler,” in collaboration with eco-friendly comfort goods company Bearaby. Now you can have fries on the couch without the worry of grease stains. 

What is the Crinkle Cut Cuddler?  

In honor of National French Fry Day on July 12, Shake Shack and Bearaby have put out their limited edition “Crinkle Cut Cuddler,” a wavy body pillow that’s shaped like a french fry in an effort to combine the powers of “comfort food and comfort bedding” for the good of french fry lovers everywhere. The companies are really bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase “couch potato.” 

While french fries can take many forms, this plush french fry is crinkle-cut to mimic the shape of Shake Shack’s classic fries. It’s 7.5 inches wide by 42 inches long and made of melofoam, Bearaby’s trademark material, designed to be ultra comfy and environment-friendly. The cover, naturally colored “french fry yellow,” is made of eco-velvet and is removable, so if you happen to get anything on it (french fries droppings, perhaps?) you can clean it with ease.

Described as “Comforting inside and out, its wavy design is perfect for side sleepers, squiggle lovers, and anyone who needs a little (or big) treat at all times,” the pillow is designed to be multipurpose, good for both sleeping and as a decoration. Clearly, french fries are endlessly versatile.

How do you get a pillow?

Want to get your (greasy) hands on one of these pillows? You can snag one from Bearaby’s website for a hefty price of $149. And as if you were getting fries for takeout, it will arrive in its very own fast-food packaging-inspired cloth bag. 

And as a bonus, like the extra fries you find at the bottom of your bag, the first 100 pillow purchasers will get a coupon for free Shake Shack fries. 

Sarah Leberknight is a writer for Her Campus’ Spoon University National Writers Program. She covers food on all fronts, hoping to write articles that make you hungry for a snack.Sarah is a rising Junior at Virginia Tech, where she juggles 3 majors—English Literature, Creative Writing, and Professional and Technical Writing. She also writes for VT’s Collegiate Times newspaper as an opinions columnist, spouting her thoughts on women’s soccer, college, and anything else she has a say on. She has also spent 5 years as a soccer referee—though she’s taking a break on the bench from reffing at the moment—and currently works at DKNY.When Sarah’s not writing professionally or for school, she’s still writing. Short stories, a novel trilogy, and novellas (she’s avidly participated in NaNoWriMo for the past 6 years)—she does it all. Except poems. And if she actually isn’t writing, she’s playing video games. She can’t get enough of the Legend of Zelda.