Spoon University Logo
nachofries
nachofries
News

Taco Bell’s Nacho Fry Lover’s Pass Returns

I’m a big fan of any subscription service. As a kid, I loved all the big book boxes, complete with merch for whatever property I was nerding out over that month. Currently, I’m a big advocate for AMC A-List, AMC Theatre’s service where you pay approximately $22 bucks a month to see up to three months each week — it pays for itself! These subscriptions can be such a good deal, allowing you to get your fill of whatever item or service you’re currently obsessing over.

Taco Bell has also offered this type of pass before. Back in 2022, any Rewards Members were able to drop $10 a month for the Taco Lover’s Pass, which allowed them to order one free taco a day. In 2023, they brought it back, instead for their fries. Now, its back once more, focused again on the beloved Nacho Fries.

So I only pay $10 a month?

You read that right — free Nacho Fries once a day! For 30 days after you buy the pass, you can enter your local Taco Bell to pick up a free, regular-sized Nacho Fry. Initially the pass was introduced as a way to promote Nacho Fries, but now it seems to be due to their popularity. The pass was only available through this past weekend so if you’re interested, today is the last day to buy it. Ultimately, this practice loses the company money, so it really has been offered as a testament to people’s love for the product. The offer is only available on the Taco Bell app.

What else has Taco Bell been up to?

This pass is only a piece of Taco Bell’s deals as of late. Its Cravings Value menu has been expanded with the addition of Cantina Chicken products, and every Tuesday Rewards Members are offered a special offer through the app. The chain is also consistently announcing exciting new items, like the Baja Blast Gelato, or new ventures entirely, like their early retirement community. With so many new options, one might expect that their app would feel crowded and unusable. However, I would absolutely disagree, going so far as to say I think Taco Bell has one of the most comprehensive apps of any fast food restaurant.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Taco Bell continues with these passes. They’ve been generally well-received, with people on social media often comparing them to battle passes in video games that you have to complete all 30 days of.

Taco Bell seems to be very tuned in to what their fans want, so who knows — if there’s a Taco Bell product you particularly like, you may be getting your own pass soon! 

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.