Spoon University Logo
starbucks
starbucks
News

Starbucks Has A Half-Priced Drink Deal For Today Only

I am not an avid coffee drinker but I can appreciate anything with açaí or lemonade and some amazing bakery delights. But today that just might change because of Starbucks’ two deals that are so sweet, no one can deny it. Today only, rewards members can get their drinks half off. That’s not all, Starbucks is also treating new members to a free drink.

How to get Starbucks’ deals?

There are two deals the coffee chain is offering. Today Starbucks is offering reward members half-off their drinks until 6 p.m. Customers need to order through the Starbucks app in order to redeem the offer. The deal can be used when purchasing any handcrafted drink, including beverages customized with the coffee chain’s new raspberry-flavored pearls. There are some exclusions to the deal, including canned or bottled beverages or alcohol.

Secondly, Starbucks is offering free drinks to new members. Those who are interested only need to sign up to be a rewards member before August 15 to get a free drink up to $8 value.

New drinks to try

Starbucks recently added two energy drinks that bring some party to their tea drinks. The two drinks to try are the Melon Burst Iced Energy — a combination of cucumber and melon with passion tango tea — and the Tropical Citrus Iced Energy — a medley of passionfruit and citrus with mint green tea.

If you’re a fan of boba or pearls in your drinks, the coffee chain released three summer drinks in May. Starbucks’ twist on Boba using raspberry pearls offers a sweet burst of summer fun and these deals are certainly at the right time to try the new drinks if you have not gotten a chance to yet.

The lineup included Summer-Berry Refresher, Summer-Berry Lemonade Refresher, and Summer Skies Drink. All three are a raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry blend mixed with ice and pearls. The difference between the three drinks is the Summer-Berry Lemonade Refresher comes with lemonade and the Summer Skies has creamy coconut milk.

Mina Rowland is a writer for Spoon University. She enjoys covering food culture as it integrates itself in media, books and poetry.Outside of Spoon Media, Mina works as the Editor-in-Chief for her Literary magazine, Rise, which she curated as an inclusive space for creatives of color. She is a university student creating her own major: MultiMedia Storytelling with concentrations in Studio Art, Film and Creative Writing and a minor in African & African American Studies.In her free time, she enjoys doodling, listening to musicals and writing poetry.