In case you missed it, Olivia Rodrigo is that girl.

After her hit “drivers license” was released in 2021, Rodrigo kept her momentum with the release of her critically acclaimed debut album SOUR and now is still getting major attention with her 2023 record GUTS. This past Saturday, Rodrigo reaffirmed her status as America’s “It Girl” with her angsty, impassioned performance of “all-american bitch.” 

Throughout the song, Rodrigo switches between a sweet, gentle sing-song-y voice to aggressive, rockstar singing. By the end of the track, she’s screaming at the top of her lungs — a cathartic release of the misogynistic expectations she feels are placed on her.

Such a powerhouse song requires a powerhouse performance, and Rodrigo did not let us down. Her set included a white tablecloth with a perfect arrangement of various treats, sweets, and cakes, which she eventually takes to throwing, destroying, stabbing, and stepping on. 

Who baked Olivia Rodrigo's SNL cakes?

A recent TikTok from baker and creator Morgan Knight (@saintstreetcakes on TikTok) shows us the process of how these cakes were made. Knight is a New York City-based cake artist who creates dreamy, Pinterest-worthy designs with swirly fonts, elaborate piping, and bright colors.

She shared with us that even though there were only two cakes on stage, she made six fully decorated cakes to be used for rehearsals and backups.

“As it turns out, stabbing one cake and then smashing the other one all over yourself takes a lot more logistical practice than you might think,” she said.

The cakes were decorated with pink, red, and white frosting with rose-style piping. While no two cakes were identical, each had a feminine, girly aesthetic — one had cherries and said “SWEET GIRL” in red lettering, and another was all red with white accents.

“I’m so proud of these cakes, especially knowing that something I created is going to be a part of a show I was obsessed with since I was a kid,” Knight said as she was packaging up each cake. 

Thanks to Knight’s stunning cake decorating skills and Olivia Rodrigo’s killer performance, cake just might be on the verge of having its moment.

For more gorgeous cake content, Knight’s business, Saint Street Cakes, can be found on Instagram at @saintstreetcakes