In the world of culinary innovation, KFC has once again captured the attention of food enthusiasts with its latest creation: the Chizza. This delectable dish combines two beloved comfort foods — chicken and pizza — into a mouthwatering fusion that has taste buds tingling.

What is the Chizza?

KFC’s brand-new menu item called the Chizza (pronounced “cheet-za”) is a bold departure from traditional pizza, ditching the traditional dough crust for a base crafted of two crispy, white-meat chicken filets. The substitution of meat for bread caters to the demand for low-carb options.

At first glance, the Chizza presents itself as a petite pizza, adorned with a layer of tomato sauce, gooey cheese, and pepperoni. Using crispy chicken filets as the crust delivers a texture and flavor profile that sets it leagues apart from its pizza counterparts.

Photos courtesy of KFC

When can you purchase the Chizza?

Starting February 26, the Chizza will grace KFC menus across the United Stated for a limited time. While the Chizza may be new to American KFC’s, it first launched in the Philippines in 2015 and has since made appearances in KFC outlets in countries such as India, Korea, Taiwan, Mexico, Thailand, Spain and Germany.

Customers can indulge in the Chizza alone for $9.99 or opt for a combo meal priced at $12.99, which includes Secret Recipe Fries and a medium drink.

NYC Chizza pop-up

To celebrate its U.S. launch, KFC is hosting a special Chizza pop-up event in New York City. The KFC restaurant located at 242 E 14th St. will transform into a “Chizzeria,” offering complimentary Chizzas to guests (one per customer) prior to its official nationwide release on February 26. The Chizzeria will be open on February 23 and 24 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., providing an exclusive opportunity for customers to get a taste of this exciting new menu item before everyone else.