Spoon University Logo
mcdonaldsoreopie
mcdonaldsoreopie
News

McDonald’s Is Bringing Back A Fan-Favorite Sweet Treat

The golden arches have struck again. McDonald’s has released a new dessert for us to thirst over. We are all familiar with McDonald’s famous apple pie, but this summer, there’s another dessert in town. The Cookies & Créme Pie first appeared in McDonald’s Stores in Malaysia, before making its debut in America last summer for a limited time. Now, the Cookies & Créme Pie is back! 

What is it?

There is speculation as to if this dessert is made of actual Oreo cookies, or if it is just inspired by the beloved Oreo. However, there is no mistaking the similarities between this Cookie & Créme Pie and an Oreo. The pie consists of an outer layer of a chocolate cookie crust and an inner layer of vanilla créme that acts as a filling. McDonald’s itself describes this inner layer as fluffy.

Does the Cookies & Creme Pie taste good?

The reviews of the Cookie & Créme Pie are mixed. The Reddit thread seemed to be full of hate. One reviewer said it tasted like an “Oreo pop tart.” The consensus on Reddit is that this dessert, although very similar to Oreos, just isn’t as good. Other reviews have also said this dessert isn’t that sweet. As the Cookie & Créme Pie is a dessert marketed towards those with sweet tooths, many customers were disappointed. However, other people loved this dessert, specifically because it tastes just like a warm chocolate cookie. On TikTok, the resounding opinion is that the Cookies & Créme Pie is the perfect dessert when mixed with a McFlurry. 

Where and when will the Cookies & Creme Pie be available?

The Cookie & Créme Pie will be available in various stores across the United States. It has been reported to most likely be in Oklahoma, New Jersey, Ohio, and major cities, but it is safe to say that the majority of stores will have this new dessert. The dessert was launched on July 14 for $2.69 and will be available for a limited time only. 

Camryn Lehr is an intern who is part of the National Writers Program at Spoon University. She pitches article ideas and writes stories under the guidance of her executive editor. Camryn is an undergraduate student at Emerson College, and her major is Writing, Literature, and Publishing. Camryn is part of a publishing program at her college that will allow her to take graduate classes during her senior year. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree, she will take one additional year of graduate classes and then graduate with her master’s degree. At Emerson College, Camryn is part of many student organizations, including Undergraduate Students for Publishing, where she works as a guest writer for their online website. Camryn is also editor in chief of an Emerson magazine that publishes student short stories and poetry known as Concrete Literary Magazine. In addition, Camryn has been published in Page Turner Magazine. In her free time, Camryn's favorite activity is seeing live music with her friends. She also loves to take her dog for hikes in the woods and watch various comedy shows like The Office, Friends, and Abbot Elementary. She also loves to read dystopian, thriller, and romance novels, but her true passion in life is writing.