Spoon University Logo
wendys
wendys
News

Wendy’s Has A $1 Frosty Deal

The fast food chain Wendy’s has announced a $1 Frosty deal, spanning Monday, August 5 through Sunday, September 15 for those looking to get a sweet treat on a budget. The deal applies to the small Chocolate Frosty and the small Triple Berry Frosty, the chain’s seasonal special.

How to get the $1 Frosty deal.

The dollar deal is a part of the fast food chain’s rewards program, where for every $1 spent, the customer earns 10 points. When the points reach 200, you are eligible for various free food and drink items on their menu. The points are capped at 800, which would mean spending $80. Customers can earn points by buying anything from the Wendy’s menu, the only thing that wouldn’t earn you points is purchasing gift cards.

In order to collect points, you must be a rewards member with a MyWendy’s account. Orders made online will collect points automatically, orders made in person will require scanning a QR code.

The $1 Frosty deal is a great way to earn points during this limited time period. Purchasing a frosty every day would land you with 420 points to cash out with items from Wendy’s vast menu.

In fact, you could choose to purchase more than one Frosty per day, as there is no limit to how many of the refreshing drink you can buy with this deal.

Until September 15, customers can get a Chocolate Frosty or the Triple Berry Frosty. The latter is a seasonal special made with blackberry, raspberry, and strawberry flavors. It is expected to be phased out soon and potentially replaced with a fall flavor. In the past, Wendy’s has offered a Pumpkin Spice Frosty, but the fast food chain hasn’t revealed if there will be a new flavor or a returning flavor.

Whether you want to eat your Frosty with a spoon, a straw, or the famed french fry dippers, the best time to try a Frosty is right now with this limited-time deal. 

Maya Ikenberry is a member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She writes food-related articles and stays up to date on food news and trends. Maya is a Junior at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. She is majoring in journalism and history. She has written for their student newspaper, The Daily Northwestern, and is involved in various clubs on campus including Model UN. She also does research for Northwestern's Medill school of journalism on the State of Local News Project. She hopes to work in investigative journalism or foreign correspondence one day.In her free time, she loves to watch movies, hang out with friends, cook, or eat at new restaurants. She runs almost everyday and loves to go to the beach whenever she can.