Spoon University Logo
cpk
cpk
News

California Pizza Kitchen’s Mac & Cheese Is Half Off This Month

Delivery order mishaps happen. Sometimes the restaurant gives you the wrong pizza or forgets the cookies you desperately wanted. Other times, you only get the cheese sauce of your mac and cheese. Strange to just get a container of cheese sauce right? That happened to content creator @fumptruck last week, who posted a video detailing her delivery order from California Pizza Kitchen. The result? A response video from California Pizza Kitchen and 50% off for mac and cheese orders throughout the month of July. 

What happened to the content creator that ordered CPK Mac & Cheese?

On July 17 @fumptruck posted that mac and cheese was literally missing the noodles on TikTok. 

“I’m having the worst week of my life,” she said in the video. “So I ordered mac and cheese from California Pizza Kitchen and they just sent me cheese.” 

She shows the inside of a brown CPK bag containing only bread, and a takeout container filled halfway with only cheese and no pasta in sight. Was the macaroni stolen? Was it placed in another container? Did the servers forget it all together? According to the video, @fumptruck called CPK and was told to order the noodles separately. Viewers were left just as confused as she was, by this very underwhelming order. 

How did California Pizza Kitchen respond?

With over three million views on her macaroni catastrophe video, @fumptruck posted three days later when a special delivery from California Pizza Kitchen was delivered to her front doorstep.

The video shows her walking outside to a black bin filled to the brim with rotini pasta and no cheese, along with a takeout container that shows a certificate redeemable for free Mac and Cheese for a year. She opens an empty pizza box piled on top of her care package to find yet another certificate for free pizza for a year. These new perks and free food went hand in hand with a personalized letter from CPK apologizing for this mac and cheese mishap.

CPK took matters into their own hands with a video on how to make their mac and cheese dish, which features the noodles being put into the cheese sauce. The two go together and are not to be ordered separately. But that’s not all. The chain has extended a special offer to customers everywhere. Starting July 19 through the end of the month, customers will be able to use the promo code cheeseANDmac to get half off of their Mac & Cheese order from any restaurant location. This code can be used at checkout on takeout or delivery orders only. 

Juliana is a writer for Spoon University's National Writers Program. She reports on all things food and any new foodie trends circulating social media.Before joining SpoonHQ Juliana was a staff writer for her university's student-run newspaper, the Suffolk Journal, when she was attending Suffolk University in the heart of Boston. She wrote a variety of articles that covered Arts, campus life, student clubs, and News. She is going to be a junior at Endicott College in the fall with a major in Journalism.Juliana loves going on walks, working out, hanging out with family and friends, and watching her favorite TV shows in her spare time. Some of her favorite foods come from recipes rooted in her family's Portuguese culture.https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliana-pinto-a88452266/